+ Reply to Thread

Bluetooth Activesync

Search doesn't seem to be working on the boards. I recall seeing somehting up here about this, though.

BT is setting up starting at COM15. Sync Activesync will only work below 10, I need to set the COM port lower. Help?

You should be able to change your COM port that BT uses for the connection in your BT manager. What BT card are you using...might help so someone could give you specific instructions.
    Mobile Pimp: Fujitsu P7010D, Audiovox 6600, Playstation PSP, iGo Juice (70), Kingston 5gb PC-Card, SDIO Socket Wifi, Socket BlueTooth GPS, Socket CF BT Adapter, PNY 4 in 1 Memory Adapter.

KC Mike - obsessively converged mb5451's Avatar
    There was a post on this, that said the only good way out is to look on your computer at the com ports 1 thru 9 and find one you can either reassign somehow, or just delete. I found some 'trash' port assignments and just deleted 5 or 6, and I've now used a couple for bluetooth assignments. When you tell it to create a new port, it will create the next lowest available port number, the one you freed up.
    KC Mike - Palm/PPC/ ..............

Blackberry Curve 8310 - Google Maps, Beyond411, Splashid, 2GB micro-SD

Originally posted by Big Calhoun
    You should be able to change your COM port that BT uses for the connection in your BT manager. What BT card are you using...might help so someone could give you specific instructions.
    Kensington BT USB adaptor.

Originally posted by mb5451
    There was a post on this, that said the only good way out is to look on your computer at the com ports 1 thru 9 and find one you can either reassign somehow, or just delete. I found some 'trash' port assignments and just deleted 5 or 6, and I've now used a couple for bluetooth assignments. When you tell it to create a new port, it will create the next lowest available port number, the one you freed up.
    I recall that same post but I can't find it and I'm not sure how to free up the lower # com ports.

I eventually got this working. I found a bunch of "normal" stuff on the Microsoft KB and a couple other boards but in the end, it just told me to go into the Windows hardware manager and delete inactive/unused com ports. There weren't any. My problem was that Windows was reserving com ports.

I found a registry edit that did the trick: http://www.ipaqhq.com/forums/archive...p/t-15307.html

For whatever reason, Windows had everything up through com14 reserved. I set it down to com5 and it works fine.