+ Reply to Thread

Thread: Lost Contacts?

Lost Contacts?

I have no idea if this is a XV6600 problem or not. I synchronize my XV6600 with my desktop and notebook with no problems. I previously had a Dell Axim so am familiar with the synchronization process and it always went fine.

This weekend I went to call a speed dial call and there were no saved numbers. So, I checked my contacts and there were no contacts shown. They were all gone. So, I checked on my desktop and all of my contacts were gone from Outlook (FWIW, I don't use Outlook for my mail on my desktop. I only use it for contacts and appointments). I don't know where they vanished from first.

I had a backup that was several weeks ago so I decided to restore that backup since there was nothing all that critical on my XV6600 that was more recent. Losing years of contacts is a different matter (I do have a backup on another computer that is not totally up to date but will have most if need be).

I used restore and it seemed to go fine but then it says it can't copy several files to my device. The files it can't copy are several ttf files, some dlls and the tasks, contacts and appointments database.

Any idea why it won't restore those files? Any idea what went wrong in the first place to destroy my contacts?

I have seen lost/duplicate contacts when syncing to multiple computers with the same exchange server. Meaning I have one desktop hooked to my exchange server, synced with it, one laptop hooked to exchange and sync and poof, contacts double or dissapear. Same will happen if you have Wirelesssync and the desktop activesync syncing the same things.

I have never seen wholesale removal of all contacts though. Could you have "butt dialed" and deleted all contacts? Remember, deleted in one place means deleted in all if you sync.
    AT&T Jailbroken Iphone 3G 2.2

I don't really see how I could have deleted all contacts. I am just mystified by this. I do have an old copy of my contacts but hate to use it since it is quite old.

What I really want to do is restore the backup for my device but that isn't working either.