Closed Thread

Talking In4maTion is PoWeR! (ListYuRIshHur)

Ok I think itís about time that we all start listing where we are getting all this cool stuff for our 660x's. There are a lot of threads asking specific questions about things that veer off into the meat of it all. I.e. What Programs are you using? What does the program do? And for those of you who donít feel like explaining what the program does, a link or location to where it (the program) was purchased? Me myself I am more interested in games but I wanna know what games people are playing on this thing and where there getting them from?

Please leave all side question about configurations and stuff for there respective threads or start a new thread if someone mentions an app or game that you try and it doesn't work for some reason.. (gives you a better chance at getting more than one solution)

So that said, this thread is ONLY for listing the programs you like along with where to get it and what it does? (and the games you enjoy playing on the PDA and why? for me ..) he he

Well since I am a newbie still I donít have much to say. The only app I am running outside of what comes with the thing:

MS Voice Command 2003 - allows me to tell the PDA what to do instead of pressing buttons all the time (hence the term voice command) I got it from a friend who was running it so I dunno where one can get it. I'll assume www.pocketpc.com or handango.com or something

Oh and that says "List Your $h1t Here" in case you were wondering
    Last edited by weballin; 07-12-2005 at 12:48 AM.

Mobile Pimp: Fujitsu P7010D, Audiovox 6600, Playstation PSP, iGo Juice (70), Kingston 5gb PC-Card, SDIO Socket Wifi, Socket BlueTooth GPS, Socket CF BT Adapter, PNY 4 in 1 Memory Adapter.

A good place to start for software
    PPC Software List and Links
    AT&T Jailbroken Iphone 3G 2.2

Ok thanks you two for your responses I have seen both these threads b4. The point of this tread is to get different peoples prospective and locations to where they got their software and why they like it. That may spark the interest of other users. It helps the economy too haha. So, like on this link: http://www.smartphoneforums.com/foru...light=software , Hobbes list the links and what the program does. I am and I think others are interested in individual 660x info. So Big Calhoun if you could give a brief explanation for what your extra programs on your 660x do (not the provided ones) and why you like them (why its useful) that would be helpful.

This is not just for me guys I was trying to start a useful thread. Just an idea though!

Well, alot of the software I have is pretty common and the uses are well known, at least amongst more experienced PPC users. Some of the things I like the most:

PocketPlus - Just handy to be able to access frequently used items with one click instead of navigating through menus. I also like the close button functionality.

1-Calc - This is like alot because I am horrible with conversions. I do most of the cooking in my house and eat alot of foriegn food, so to be able to convert units accurately is a plus. The newest feature of 1-Calc I like is the tip calculator. You can put in the price of your meal, the number of people that are paying, and it'll calculate the tip and how much of the bill each person is responsible for. Settles lunch meeting disputes quick fast!

GPSDash - This was actually suggested to me for GeoCaching. Before I was using Vito Navigator which was OK, but GPSDash seems to capture alot more information and has more functionality. I'll hopefully get to test it the weekend after next...intend to do some GeoCaching while the wife is at a shower.

ListPro - I use this to keep track of alot of different things, movies, games, equipment, etc. Just like the interface and desktop synching.

Lextionary - Probably THE BEST dictionary program I use. Not only does it function as a dictionary, but it gives thesearus (sp...LOL!) entries on the same page.

CodeWallet - Is my lifesaver. I tend to forget/lose my wallet and CodeWallet has saved my hide a couple of times. It's cool to be able to cancel and obtain credit cards within minutes of knowing you lost your wallet...which I do frequently!

SPB Time - I find to be an excellent utility. I frequently use the count down timers to space my work, like having access to a stop watch, and it provides world time.

Egress and Klondike - I use these just about everyday during my commute. Quicker than loading a full web page, easier than trying to manuever a laptop on a crowded bus or train.

Like I said, everything else is kind of there as needed.
    Mobile Pimp: Fujitsu P7010D, Audiovox 6600, Playstation PSP, iGo Juice (70), Kingston 5gb PC-Card, SDIO Socket Wifi, Socket BlueTooth GPS, Socket CF BT Adapter, PNY 4 in 1 Memory Adapter.

Administrator
    no need for this thread. we have much info in the links above.