+ Reply to Thread
Results 1 to 10 of 10
  1. #1
    Registered User rbelikov's Avatar
    Join Date
    07-12-2005
    Posts
    102

    Comprehensive list of differences between ROM upgrades?

    Does anybody know where I can get a full and obsessivly comprehensive list of differences between the different ROMs? (Bring on the long-winded stuff!!) Is there really nothing more than what's stated on Ehud's FAQ? Specifically, ALL the differences between 1.35.xx, 1.36.xx and 2.03.xx.

    The reason I'm asking is that I'm thinking of downgrading because I'd like the buttons to work with WMPlayer. Also, any time I'm having a glitch with the 6600 or a program not working, I keep thinking that it's because 2.03 is buggy since it's not official. 1.36 will probably give me more peace of mind in that respect.
    XV6600 ROM 2.07.00WWE Radio HA01_151 ExtROM 2.07.111WWE hardware version 0041

  2. #2
    Registered User bfaber's Avatar
    Join Date
    11-19-2004
    Location
    Portland, OR
    Posts
    506

    Re: Comprehensive list of differences between ROM upgrades?

    Originally posted by rbelikov
    Does anybody know where I can get a full and obsessivly comprehensive list of differences between the different ROMs? (Bring on the long-winded stuff!!) Is there really nothing more than what's stated on Ehud's FAQ? Specifically, ALL the differences between 1.35.xx, 1.36.xx and 2.03.xx.

    The reason I'm asking is that I'm thinking of downgrading because I'd like the buttons to work with WMPlayer. Also, any time I'm having a glitch with the 6600 or a program not working, I keep thinking that it's because 2.03 is buggy since it's not official. 1.36 will probably give me more peace of mind in that respect.
    'The good old search button is going to be about it for what you're looking for.

    btf

  3. #3
    Registered User rbelikov's Avatar
    Join Date
    07-12-2005
    Posts
    102
    I have thoroughly combed the forums before doing my post (as I did with all my posts after the search button started working again) I have not found anything that goes significantly further than what's on ehud's site... Granted, it is possible I have missed something, but my conscience is clear as far as doing this post.
    XV6600 ROM 2.07.00WWE Radio HA01_151 ExtROM 2.07.111WWE hardware version 0041

  4. #4
    Registered User bfaber's Avatar
    Join Date
    11-19-2004
    Location
    Portland, OR
    Posts
    506
    Originally posted by rbelikov
    I have thoroughly combed the forums before doing my post (as I did with all my posts after the search button started working again) I have not found anything that goes significantly further than what's on ehud's site... Granted, it is possible I have missed something, but my conscience is clear as far as doing this post.
    Generally, because audiovox (et al), never documented them in the first place.

    So, honestly nobody knows. There's the original audiovox patches (no docs), and a few bluetooth upgrades. (no docs).

    And then 2.03 ('hacked). Which obviously has WMP 10, and (from site) separate authentication controls for an email option).

    Thats about all you're going to find.
    Byron

  5. #5
    Registered User rbelikov's Avatar
    Join Date
    07-12-2005
    Posts
    102
    I guess my ultimate question is whether 2.03 introduces more bugs than it solves. Anybody has an opinion?
    XV6600 ROM 2.07.00WWE Radio HA01_151 ExtROM 2.07.111WWE hardware version 0041

  6. #6
    Registered User IvanLasston's Avatar
    Join Date
    02-07-2005
    Location
    Colorado Front Range
    Posts
    2,006
    What you are finding is the main problem with these community efforts. Documentation is spotty and such is life.

    The answer to the question is what are you trying to solve by upgrading? If the answer is Latest and Greatest then you dont know what you've solved or broken.

    Looking carefully through the forums you'll find spotty reports of what each upgrade did and didnt do for them. Coallating that information is no small task and I applaud anyone willing to do it.

    I think Ehud made a chart for the BT patches vs headsets. There are proably far to many permutations right now to distill it to a chart.

    I guess what we could ask in this thread is what are you running and why? Any problems?

    I'll start.
    Check my sig for versions
    I wanted to use subscription based music and have separate smtp auth. Still have the four ring bt problem. Got what I wanted from the ROM upgrade.

    Edit:When you post on the mobile form your sig doesn't get added!

    Anyway
    ROM 2.03
    BT 3500
    Radio ROM HA01_140
    ExtROM 1.35.115 WWE
    Last edited by IvanLasston; 07-15-2005 at 02:01 AM.

  7. #7
    Registered User rbelikov's Avatar
    Join Date
    07-12-2005
    Posts
    102
    What I was trying to accomplish by the upgrade is to try to get quick2net and dial-up working. Upgrade didn't help.

    I've been thinking of downgrading because 2.03 is not official. What's keeping me from doing is that 2.03 is "latest and greatest". That phrase is strongly suggestive that there's more to it than WMP10 without buttons, 2 separate icons for phone/data, and a few minor things. I haven't been able to find anything else on the forums.
    XV6600 ROM 2.07.00WWE Radio HA01_151 ExtROM 2.07.111WWE hardware version 0041

  8. #8
    Registered User IvanLasston's Avatar
    Join Date
    02-07-2005
    Location
    Colorado Front Range
    Posts
    2,006
    Originally posted by rbelikov
    What I was trying to accomplish by the upgrade is to try to get quick2net and dial-up working. Upgrade didn't help.

    I've been thinking of downgrading because 2.03 is not official. What's keeping me from doing is that 2.03 is "latest and greatest". That phrase is strongly suggestive that there's more to it than WMP10 without buttons, 2 separate icons for phone/data, and a few minor things. I haven't been able to find anything else on the forums.
    The latest and greatest is 2.04. So no your ROM is old and whack. I stand by what I said previous, if you don't know what you are trying to fix, or if the ROM fixes it, you'll probably end up breaking more than fixing. But thanks for testing and confirming that you can't dial in even with the 2.03 Hey maybe 2.04 will work!
    AT&T Jailbroken Iphone 3G 2.2

  9. #9
    Registered User
    Join Date
    07-19-2004
    Location
    Gainesville, FL
    Posts
    155
    i was looking through the new ext rom 116 and comparing it to the 115 ext rom and found there was a difference in 1 file, the 115 patch.sa.cab was 30 kb bigger. in the 115 patch.sa.cab there are 2 files that do not exist in the 116 patch.sa.cab, _TIBinaryParser.dll and _AudioGW.dll . i wonder what these files did that are no longer needed?

  10. #10
    I'm a total loser and I've been banned!!!
    Join Date
    04-28-2004
    Location
    Elsewhere
    Posts
    2,758
    Likely those files are now in the ROM and don't need to be added afterwards by ExtROM.

    AudioGW.dll is part of bluetooth, and is undoubtedly already in \windows.

    Ehud

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts