+ Reply to Thread

Thread: I.Guidance

I.Guidance

So is I.Guidance supposed to very smooth when in 3d mode or is it usually a little choppy?

Sickwidit
    Mine is smooth, make sure your'e not running too many things in the background on your device.
    Eric Hicks, Microsoft MVP, Mobile-Devices
    My Devices
    Four PPC6600's, One PPC6700, Three PPC6800's,One Treo 700w,One Jas Jar,One Pantec Duo,One T-mobile Dash...Do I have too many devices?

Geek
    I hate 3D mode but it is smooth on mine.
    Dan Kunz - XV6600

I'm running SPB Plus so pretty much nothing is running in the background. Interesting I'm going to try to run it without my seido mount and see if that has any effect.

adn define smooth, I mean does it look like the old "Pole Position" game for atari or is their a slight delayon each refresh of your position?

Medley of Extemporanea
    I didn't like how slow iGuidance ran on the 6600. It was way too choppy. Mapopolis has the smoothest display but for 3d nav TomTom is the best. It's accuracy and refresh rate on cloverleaf turns and upcoming intersections is very good. I also like how TomTom has the ability to switch itself into landscape mode.

My opinion of course.

Sickwidit
    No refresh delay just a map that moves with you and no pole position jerkiness either. I'm running my map data from the sd card but the main program is installed in internal ram.
    Eric Hicks, Microsoft MVP, Mobile-Devices
    My Devices
    Four PPC6600's, One PPC6700, Three PPC6800's,One Treo 700w,One Jas Jar,One Pantec Duo,One T-mobile Dash...Do I have too many devices?

I actually want to get a demo of OCN 5 once it is released. The 3D mode runs at 4fps and looks pretty sweet. Just not sure about the rest of it though.