+ Reply to Thread
    Out Of Control PPC User merkman's Avatar

My nightmare came true yesterday

The bad news - My PPC-6601 fell from my grasp as I was going into a place for dinner last night. The Covertec case was around it, which has saved it from a break or two in the past... but this time it fell to concrete and though the phone didn't get a scratch, the screen cracked and no longer has any touch functionality.

The good news - I had the $5 / month insurance, just in case a clutz like me did something like this, it was stolen, etc. I was a little unhappy last night, when I missed calling the replacement service by about an hour, and had to wait till today to order the replacement. But, I must admit, other than being asked quite a number of questions, most of them once by the "message" before I talked to a person, and again by the person, they were EXTREMELY nice. The young lady was kind, understanding, clear in all her comments, and explained I'll have a replacement by the 20th. It will be a reconditioned PPC-6601 again, which is fine. After all, as long as it's not terribly scratched up, my 6601 wasn't exactly brand new anymore.

Overall, despite being without my phone for a few days, I think it will be fine. Though work had been kinda rough at the end, and the phone put me a touch over the top. Thank god for popcorn shrimp and fries. They are some of my favorite and helped a little.
    Cingular 8525 with Black 3.0.1 ROM (WM6)
    Paired: Sony MEX-BT2500 (car stereo w/ audio streaming, it's AWESOME!), i.Trek GPS w/ i.Guidence software, a few PC's

This is why everyone should do a sprite backup every so often--who knows when you will need it?
    Jeremiah 29:11

Out Of Control PPC User merkman's Avatar
    What? I'm not worried about my data. I sync with my computer daily, and reinstalling apps is no big deal. It's just the WORST feeling it the world to drop a $629 phone and watch it fall. Then see the screen cracked when you open the case. God, I felt sick.... even WITH insurance.
    Cingular 8525 with Black 3.0.1 ROM (WM6)
    Paired: Sony MEX-BT2500 (car stereo w/ audio streaming, it's AWESOME!), i.Trek GPS w/ i.Guidence software, a few PC's

Converged
    Hey merkman,

I cracked mine about a week ago. I am still waiting for my replacement. The XV6600 is on "backorder" and they will put mine aside when they come in.

I keep getting recorded messages left on my answering machine that they are still waiting and that they will contact me again with an update..

I'm really glad that I have the insurance too, but it looks like that because there on backorder it's going to be about 2 weeks total.

At least I can use it as a phone... Go figure!

Larry Aubin
    Larry Aubin
    Verizon XV6600 WC
    ExtROM 1.36.116 WWE, ROM 1.36.00 WWE, Radio HA01_151, Extended 3550 Battery, iTrek BT GPS

I'm a total loser and I've been banned!!!
    did i not see a verizon add on fox news channel a week ago that said verizon is now offering this phone for 299$. i know i did. this phone isn't 600 and whatever $ anymore.

I'm a total loser and I've been banned!!!
    FWIW you can access most if not all functions without the touch screen through the directional pad and the "fn tab" button on the dropdown keyboard.

Not a replacement, but makes the phone workable till the replacement shows up ***AND** you can use that to do a backup

EHud
    2 sprite backups a day

Yes I use the keyboard to dial most calls that are not in my contacts so that I do not need to touch the screen.
    Dan