+ Reply to Thread

Thread: Spint and Wifi

Spint and Wifi

I am new to the PPC 6600. I understand that the phone has no wifi. Nevertheless, is there an addon that I can use to gain this functionality or if the only way to get use wifi is to go through my laptop....

jeff...

Re: Spint and Wifi

Originally posted by jeclark2001
    I am new to the PPC 6600. I understand that the phone has no wifi. Nevertheless, is there an addon that I can use to gain this functionality or if the only way to get use wifi is to go through my laptop....
    It will take a WiFi SDIO card - Socket, SanDisk, Spectec all make them (but don't get the SanDisk with the memory card) - sheureka
    Do good. Be kind. Have fun.

Question

I ve been reading SDIO posts.. and have a followup question...

I am looking for SDIO to use when I travel, particularly overseas... saw the post about the "b" versus "g" and am wondering... with these SDIO "b" cards, will I be able to use wireless at cafes like Starbucks etc that have wireless or is the "b" going to be a problem? jeff...

A "b" connection will work with any "g" access point - just at slower speeds. But "b" speeds are still much, much, faster than the speed you'll get with your cellular line. I've got a "b" card (Socket) and I've not had problems getting connected at Panera and Starbucks. - sheureka
    Do good. Be kind. Have fun.