+ Reply to Thread

Angry Writing notes on touch screen

Just got my PPC 6600. Had a G1000. Tried writing with the stylus on the touch screen for a note and in Word Mobile. Really lousy. Comes out as intermitent lines (see attached)... 3 possibilities:

1. I have a bad screen.

2. Just doesnt work well on this device.

3. I have some setting wrong...

I tried soft reboot several times with no improvement. Anyone have some thoughts?

Thankyouverymuch!

Jeff Clark
    Attached Files

Forever Confused
    Your penmanship suck dude…..Other than that, do you have a screen protector on? Try taking it off. Or if not, try putting one on.

Also try using a pen/stylus combo. I like the Dr. Grip combo...my notes on the PPC are just as bad as the notes I write on paper...but no worse.
    Mobile Pimp: Fujitsu P7010D, Audiovox 6600, Playstation PSP, iGo Juice (70), Kingston 5gb PC-Card, SDIO Socket Wifi, Socket BlueTooth GPS, Socket CF BT Adapter, PNY 4 in 1 Memory Adapter.

Insane PDAer with a MOGUL!!!! centauress's Avatar
    I suggest the Rotring Quattro pen. It has four tips: Ballpoint, Ball-highlighter, 0.7 pencil and PDA stylus. Since the tips are similar, you will rapidly feel comfortable with the feel of it.

Also, re-do the screen setting with the moving cross. That will make the place you touch match where you THINK you're touching...
    Sprint customer since Mar 01, PPC user since Apr 04 and Technophile since birth!
    Oct 06: Now completely convereged, connected and livin' large! Tablet PC+PPC = Ultimate Happiness!!! Woo-Hoo!

You're touching the screen with the side of your hand when you write. You're not left-handed, are you?

Thanks for the thoughts.... today i went to sprint... as well as CompUSA to try some other PPCs... including the same model at sprint... they all worked great... Conclusion: I have a flawed screen... sadly, I must now get a new one and go thru all the time to reinstall my software...
    Incidentally, it DID look like I was dragging my hand... but, in fact, I did not.... thanks again for your comments... ! jc