+ Reply to Thread

Bluetooth DUN Maximum Port Speed

I'm playing around with Bluetooth DUN and have things working fairly well between my PPC-6600 and laptop. One minor issue - when the default WinXP Bluetooth stack discovered the PPC DUN service and installed the Bluetooth modem, it installed a "Standard Modem over Bluetooth link" with a maximum port speed of 115200 bps.

I know I won't get USB speeds over the Bluetooth link, but I should at least get up to my 1X speeds, typically a bit over 115 kbps.

How can I change that modem or install a different one to bump up the speed to, say, 230400 bps?

Thanks,
    Tim

I'm a total loser and I've been banned!!!
    1x is limited to 115Kbps (230Kbps bidirectional...)

Bluetooth is limited to 1Mbps.

USB isn't.

Ehud

E, I hate to disagree but the Qualcomm spec calls for a data rate up to 153 kbps (QUALCOMM Technology - CDMA2000 1X) and I usually get 120-130 kbps according to dslreports through PIE.

Regardless of the 1X spec, how about if I was on Verizon and EVDO? The modem the XP Bluetooth stack installs still will only allow a maximum bitrate of 115 kbps, significantly under what both Bluetooth and EVDO will support.

For those running EVDO over Bluetooth, what modem settings in XP are you using?

Thanks,
    Tim

I'm a total loser and I've been banned!!!
    The Qualcomm spec is nice, but it's not how it's been implemented, according to my Alltel tech friends. 130Kbps max.

The "115Kbps" speed is not a maximum, nor is "230Kbps" the maximum on the USB connection. That's the "reported speed of the interface". It's not the _actual_ speed of the interface.

In Las Vegas, on VZW EVDO, connected at "230Kbps" I got 1.4Mbps readinds from dslreports.com and my own meter site.

Ehud