+ Reply to Thread
    Converged since May 2005

Cheap photo trick

As we all know, the photo quality of the 6600 is really bad compared to the latest camera phones like the LG VX8000 (arguably the best)

The 6600s photos show a great deal of artifacts. At first I thought these were compression artifacts, but switching the mode to bmp didn't eliminate them. My theory is that 640x480 is beyond what the camera is capable of capturing.

I then decided to downsample the image to 480x360. At this resolution the photos look much more pleasing, especially if you apply a little sharpening. I also tried 320x240 but going this small was not necessary.

This, of course, is not fooling anyone. I am not increasing the quality of the image. I am just reducing to the level that hides the camera artifacts.

I find the result much more tolerable.

So you did the down sizing on your photo application on your PC, nbot the phone right? Cause I don't havce that option on my cam (480x360).
    Check out my iAdviseMe (IT Advisories), i9erNews (49er news), iGreen (Green News) or my iGossip (celeb News) Apps at: http://www.iadvise.me/

Converged since May 2005
    I did it on my PC using a program called Compupic.

480x360 is an oddball size, but this program lets you do wahtever you want.

Couldn't you just change the resolution for the camera to 320x240?

BTW, with the newer version of code I have, the camera seems better. I know the code wasn't supposed to affect it, but for some reason, mine seems better.
    VZN XV-6800GPS
    http://www.antiterrornet.com
    ..because even you'd fly 10k miles to smoke a camel