+ Reply to Thread

Backup Battery Question

Alright...

Now that I'm having incessant Hard Reset problems I'm gonna ask some questions that hopefully haven't been asked yet....

When looking at the power page in the Settings thing, does any one else see a flicker in the NiMH and then the "Battery power remaining:" ?

Almost like... for a VERY brief second, it's debating about the battery being connected or not?

If it was only the NiMH thing flashing this would be what I'd suspect, but the "B..P..R.." thing shouldn't flicker... unless it says, none avaliable.. or something, but it doesn't appear to change, just flickers off and on.

Every once in a while the % numbers and teh % thing will flicker for a second too, but the bar remains full and green (and red).

If no one IS noticing a flickering, I think maybe the backup battery is loose... Does that sound right to you guys?

I'd think maybe it was a screen redraw problem, but the main battery words and Li-ion thing are always steady - never flicker at all.

Just wondering...

And.... how deep did the extended battery thread get buried?
    Eh... I'll go dig it up
    @#$@ upgrades... now I gotta write a new poem :rolleyes:
    <a href="http://www.deviantart.com/view/8708895/">My I-700 makes YOUR phone look like poo.</a>

Converged
    Its probably just updating the readings.... After all it has to poll the device to get the battery state then it has to draw the numbers on the screen!
    Larry Aubin
    Verizon XV6600 WC
    ExtROM 1.36.116 WWE, ROM 1.36.00 WWE, Radio HA01_151, Extended 3550 Battery, iTrek BT GPS

Re: Backup Battery Question

Originally posted by Kalash
    When looking at the power page in the Settings thing, does any one else see a flicker in the NiMH and then the "Battery power remaining:" ?
    Mine flickers and I've never had an involuntary hard reset - I've had the phone over 3 months. - sheureka
    Do good. Be kind. Have fun.

I get hard resets if the battery falls out when it is on. If off, I can take battery out. Solution- tape on battery latch.
    Sprint: G1000, HTC-6600, 6800, now TP2
    Windroid: Energy.ROM.28244.Sense2.5/Android 2.1
    Overclocked to 729Mhz

Heh... the battery latch won't help - even with the latch in place the battery pops off sometimes

K... that theory goes out the window... just had to ask.
    @#$@ upgrades... now I gotta write a new poem :rolleyes:
    <a href="http://www.deviantart.com/view/8708895/">My I-700 makes YOUR phone look like poo.</a>