+ Reply to Thread

Activesync error message

Nothing I have added in the last few days (like tasks, calendar appointments, and contacts) will sync correctly with my pc. They "snyc" but then when it is finished doing it's little thing, the come up as "unresolved items." When I click on the "resolve items" link, it pops up a box that reads, "The following (appt., task, contact, etc.) cannot be written to Microsoft Outlook due to error 80004005." It gives three buttons, OK, Skip, and Cancel. None of these seem to do anything different than the others, nor beneficial. Thanks for any info.

John

The Cartman of Convergence
    COuld you supply more information such as syncing to Exchange server, home pc, etc. For example, If you are running Symantec Norton AntiVirus Corporate Edition and connected to exchange, may be:

http://support.microsoft.com/default...b;en-us;317953

This software has its problems... If I saw that and had a good copy on my PC, I wold just replace everything on the laptop with what is on the PC and be done with it. There is a registry hack to do this, which I put up recently so you canm search for it. Sorry to be cryptic but a low connection.
    Sprint: G1000, HTC-6600, 6800, now TP2
    Windroid: Energy.ROM.28244.Sense2.5/Android 2.1
    Overclocked to 729Mhz

This is happening when I sync to my home pc. I searched MS.com for error 80004005, but didn't find a whole lot that seemed to make sense with my problem. Jerryyyy, what do you mean by "If I saw that and had a good copy on my PC, I wold just replace everything on the laptop with what is on the PC and be done with it. "? Should I try reloading the cd that came with my phone or ??? Thanks.
    John

No, what I am saying is that if I had a good copy of my data on my PC I would read all of that over what I had on the PDA, i.e. replace it all. Activesync has a tendency especially with mail to corrupt a few message and they never get fixed.

This hack sets you back to where you started and you are given the options of combining your data or overwriting data on PDA with what is on the PC. This like all registry hacks should only be used if you are comfortable:

Outlook ActiveSync RESET
    HKEY_CURRENT_USER/Software/Microsoft/Windows_CE_Services/Partners/Services/Synchronization

All ActiveSync Manager registry values are under the HKEY_CURRENT_USER\Software\Microsoft\Windows CE Services\Partners\DeviceID\Services\Synchronization subkey on the desktop computer.
    Sprint: G1000, HTC-6600, 6800, now TP2
    Windroid: Energy.ROM.28244.Sense2.5/Android 2.1
    Overclocked to 729Mhz