+ Reply to Thread

how to lock EVDO

ive been searching on how to lock this pda in evdo only mode (well at least stop it from swithing back and fourth between 1x and evdo

anyone help me out for a min
    thanks

The only way I've been able to do this is to force it through a hacked PRL. There's no way built into the phone at this time to force it like there is on the Aircards.

This is only an answer to your question. I cannot provide information on hacking a PRL nor post or send you one. There's already enough information on the boards and web about this so just do a search.
    AT&T iPhone 8GB, Belkin leather case

Originally posted by elkay
    The only way I've been able to do this is to force it through a hacked PRL. There's no way built into the phone at this time to force it like there is on the Aircards.

This is only an answer to your question. I cannot provide information on hacking a PRL nor post or send you one. There's already enough information on the boards and web about this so just do a search.
    I think he's talking about Verizon's XV6600. m16_maniac, can you confirm if you are on Sprint or Verizon?

If you are on Verizon, I don't believe there is a way to lock it to just EVDO. Although, I have heard that the latest firmware from Verizon (with HA01_151 radio version) improves the radio and there is less switching between both.
    Last edited by hodula1; 09-24-2005 at 10:10 AM.

Do you use your device as a phone or for text messaging? Locking into EVDO, pretty much messes up the phone portion of the device. (As those who have hacked the Sprint Version have found out) It is unwise to attempt this unless your device is truly a data device only. (Independent of the carrier) If you are on an EVDO carrier "leagally", pay attention when you make a phone call. You'll see your phone drop to 1x.

hondula1, if you are talking about **hybrid, it doesn't work on the 6600. Plus the reports are what I said, voice calls don't come through.
    Dial Codes
    AT&T Jailbroken Iphone 3G 2.2

thanks for the info peeps

i have verizon.

my lg8100 i could lock it by going into the secret menu. "menu, 000000"
    and select 1x or hybrid

i use it for very little text messaging
    yep i noticed it going down to 1x on phone calles.

i would like to be able to press a button like the "red phone icon" for end data but i would like it to lock it into EVDO

and use the "green phone icon" to put it back to normal (whatever default is)

man i know its switching back and fourth when im surfing the net from 1x to evdo. cause sometimes i just have to disconnect (system tray network icons) then reconnect (this happens quite a bit and i know its searching for a signal.)

the way i know is if i put my phone in the cradle and just watch the status for EVDO/1X it switches back and fourth when im not even in a data call

i have that radio update it came on the phone