+ Reply to Thread

Unhappy Reminders locking up upon wakeup

Sorry if this has been asked and discussed before - I tried doing a search for this topic, and came up with nothing:

I just replaced my original XV6600 with a camera version 6600 (the other one got dropped once too many times!), and I'm having an annoying thing suddenly happen on this new device - Anytime that a reminder wakes the device up, the screen is essentially frozen up. The only fix seems to be to turn the device off (which doesn't happen until the third press of the power button), then to turn it back on. At that time, I can snooze or dismiss the reminder.

I have Tweaks2k2 installed, and have applied several recommended fixes, but that has not helped...

Just wondering if anyone else has seen this occur, and if so, what you did to resolve it. It's very annoying to have a brand-spankin' new device, and have this kind of crap happen!

FYI - I have installed everything exactly the same as my original device. Same apps, same settings, everything...

Thanks,
    Matt

AN UPDATE:

As is usually the case with issues I have had in the past, it appears that the locking up issue was due to the cocktail of applications that I was using on my Today Screen.

Here's what I was using:

I did a test where I removed all items from my Today Screen, then set a reminder to go off. Turned the device off, waited, and when it woke for the reminder, viola! I could snooze or dismiss it like normal!
    (I'll also add that aside from the reminder "lockup", I would also notice a severe delay when tapping on the Start Menu. In this test, that delay disappeared as well!)

I'm still not certain what was causing the issue, but I did some revamping and the lockup issue is now gone.
    I removed Egress and Newsbreak from the Today screen, then turned on Spb Pocket Plus for the today screen and integrated Spb Weather as well as Diary into the tabs.
    Added Egress and NewsBreak shortcuts to my "main" tab, and I still get the same essential functionality as I had - with the exception of having Egress scroll through RSS feed items. But that's no big deal.
    Here's what my Today Screen looks like now:

Just wanted to share my findings! I think this might just do the trick!

Matt