+ Reply to Thread

Installed A 2 Gig Card

I installed a 2 Gig Memory Card and it work great!!! Does anyone know how big a card the PPC 6601 can recongnize?

4 GB SD Card?

Yes. Does anyone have any experiance or technical knowledge of the compatibility of the vx6600 with 4GB SD cards?

A month or so ago I heard of issues between higher capacity SD cards and cameras. Was worried about wasting time and money on a higher capacity card I might not be able to use.

Thanks all.
    Audiovox vx6600, Pocket Informant, Battery Pack Pro, TeleType GPS, WebIS email, Pocket Slides, Resco Explorer, Caligrapher - unquestionably the coolest piece of gear I've ever owned. --still room for imporvement though-- ; )

spr
    you have to format it. Large files sometimes have problems transfering over.

Thanks. I went for it and got the 4GB card. We'll see how it works....
    Audiovox vx6600, Pocket Informant, Battery Pack Pro, TeleType GPS, WebIS email, Pocket Slides, Resco Explorer, Caligrapher - unquestionably the coolest piece of gear I've ever owned. --still room for imporvement though-- ; )

I have had the 2 gb card for almost a year. No problems. But you have to take out the card and use a card reader to transfter over large files (Like movies). Anthing that's over 300 mb. Takes about 4 to 6 minutes, using the card reader.

I usually keep, at least, 8-10 albums, and 2 dvd movies on the card. No problems so far.
    :homer: Internet KING :homer:

Hey can you send a link to where you got the 4 gig card from?

Enjoy. Here is the link:

http://www.ecost.com/ecost/shop/detail.asp?dpno=601848

I checked a few places and all but this one were sold out.

Thanks mwita06 for the tip. Very helpful. Should have the card in a few days...

I received the card yesterday. That was the fastest order turnaround I've ever had. Kudos to eCost. (I did not order it FexEx)

So I went to work on it last night. I never tried to format it on the PPC and had issues with the various card readers I have for my laptop and PC to read SD cards. I have many cards and this manifest itself on all cards no just the 4GB card. Ultimately my Bonsai jump-drive style adapter was the only reliable way to format any of my cards from the PC. Using that, the formating took seconds.

Then I took to loading data on using the same method (the Bonsai jump drive). It seemed very fast. I filled the card completely up. XP gave time estimates that were all over the place (going up and down).

Popped it in 6600 and it worked like a charm. No hickups at all. Sprite did its auto-backup last night successfuly for the first time (now that it has enough space). So I am thinking I just hit paydirt.

I would be happy to test the speed of this thing for everyone if someone can point me toward a benchmark of some kind. I have many cards I can test against. This one is suppoed to be 150X.

Sure glad this forum exists....