+ Reply to Thread

Voicemail Notification Won't go Away

I searched for this and only got the phone alarm thread. I have no voicemails but yet my notification won't go away. I have tried resetting, hard resetting, and removing the battery. Any ideas.

Sprint PPC6601
    PPC 6600, then 6700, now 6800

I calles CS about the same thing last week. No answer from them.

The only way I solved it is to call the phone from another line and leave a message.
    Then call your voicemail from the 6601, listen to at least part of the message and delete. Then don't forget to press the * two times to get out of the system (for some reason this seems to be better than just hanging up).

Worked two times for me. Each time it happened was because I listened and deleted messages from a landline.

That works, actually found the answer in the EVDO discussion forum. Too funny
    PPC 6600, then 6700, now 6800

Registered User EnnuiEnthusiast's Avatar
    Glad that worked. In case anyone searches this thread later and it doesn't work for them, I found another solution (this one didn't work for me). In my case, the problem was on my carrier's side (Verizon). I called tech support, had them clear out my message queue, and that solved the problem.

can't get the balloon for my message indicator to pop up

I have a problem. I can't get the message balloon to pop up when I click on my voicemail indicator or the signal indicator to turn flight mode on and off. When I click on either of those symbols I can see the tip of the balloon but I can't see the rest of it. It looks as if the balloons are popping up behind the screen and it doesn't matter what screen I am on. Any help would be appreciated.

Never involved in a flame war! sputnik's Avatar

Re: can't get the balloon for my message indicator to pop up

Originally posted by bigbearsfan
    I have a problem. I can't get the message balloon to pop up when I click on my voicemail indicator or the signal indicator to turn flight mode on and off. When I click on either of those symbols I can see the tip of the balloon but I can't see the rest of it. It looks as if the balloons are popping up behind the screen and it doesn't matter what screen I am on. Any help would be appreciated.
    I just had the same thing start happening to me, but a soft-reset has solved it each time. Not sure what it was, because I've been playing around with a lot of software and making my own extended themes...
    _______
    Spu|nik VZW Kyo 7135 / VZW XV6600 / Sprint Mogul / Sprint Touch Pro / Sprint Touch Pro 2 / Apple iPhone 4 / ???

Thanks for the help. Once I figured out where the reset the was (10 minutes of looking at the PPC), everything was golden. I should have known that this would be as quirky a machine as any other windows-based device.