+ Reply to Thread

Anything similar to Phone Alarm?

I just downloaded the PA trial and even after a soft reset- after installing PA- WebIS Mail wouldn't load at all.

Any alternatives to PA?
    Regards,

Dean

What else do you have loaded? I'm guessing SPB Pocket Plus and Voice Command.

Also give the beta version in the webis forums a whack. That helped me.
    http://www.pocketinformant.com/Forum...showtopic=7738
    AT&T Jailbroken Iphone 3G 2.2

No SPB.

I do have Voice Command, Resco 2005 Explorer, WebIS, and Pocket Informant.

I have no problems with WebIS, though.

It's PA that makes WebIS not load.

As soon as I uninstalled it all works fine again.
    Regards,

Dean

I bet if you disable the today screen plugin, or disable VC, before starting WebIS, WebIS would start.

You are running into the low resource issue that has been discussed previously. Summary: There is a section of RAM that is for shared resources (dlls) It doesn't matter how much free RAM your PPC is reporting, once this resource area is used up, programs start acting funny or don't load at all. Voice Command takes up alot of this resource memory. Running today plugins also take up alot of resource memory. Its similar to the problems on old Windows machines.

http://aroundcny.com/technofile/texts/tec041501.html

Again I had stopped using WebIS because I found Pocket Plus and Phone Alarm more useful, especially with the newer ROMs having seperate SMTP AUTH. But I tried the beta release and it seems to work better even with Phone Alarm and VC. (I dropped SPB PP after I got Wisbar Advance 2 and Multi IE)

I guess I am missing soemthing.

I just went to the spb site and am wondering how pocket plus + phone alarm can replace an e-mail program?

I didn't get a chance to do anything with phone alarm other than look at the set up screens.

I understand the memory thing.
    Regards,

Dean

Sorry, I wasn't clear. I got rid of WebIS because of the ROM upgrade, not pocket plus and phone alarm. 2.03 and 2.04 allow separate SMTP AUTH - hence negating my inital need for WebIS. So I kept SPB PP and Phone Alarm, and just used the built in messaging(Pokcet Outlook) program.

Of course now I have gotten rid of SPB PP - because I am running Wisbar Advance and MultiIE. I have also started running the beta of WebIS Mail because it supports auto-viewing/download of images for html messages. Again, even before getting rid of SPB PP, I found the beta of WebIS to run better.

Oh, I see. I am running ROM 2.03.

I just got my Pocket PC and wanted a more robust e-mail program. Handango had a good two programs for 1 price which is why I got WebIS and Pocket Informant.

WebIS works for me- no stability issues at all. And I do get HTML mail.

I tried a WisBar trial and while neat it just made things run too slowly.

With only so much memory it's a matter of running what you really need on this thing.
    Regards,

Dean

Originally posted by DeanH
    Oh, I see. I am running ROM 2.03.

I just got my Pocket PC and wanted a more robust e-mail program. Handango had a good two programs for 1 price which is why I got WebIS and Pocket Informant.
    You might want to post your issue on the PocketMax (PhoneAlarm Form). I am not personally running WebIS, but i can tell you that there are people that do run it with PA successfully. I know that PA even has support for email notificaiton.

You also might want to try The pre-release of 1.26, it is posted just below the formal download icon. (CAB only) it is an extreamly stable version of PA.

If that does not work post your concern at Phone Alarm Support
    Verizon XV6600WOC
    ROM 2.07.00 WWE Radio HA01_151 ExtROM 2.07.112WWE HW.V. 0041