+ Reply to Thread
    spr

problems sending mp3's to 1g sd card?

My sd card it complaining when I try and send files to it now. It is less than half full! I am right clicking and doing the send to option and it gives me a directory or file cannot be created? Wtf? I can send them to the card/device through active-stink but it takes forever because I am sending mp3's. Any ideas? a little before this it was having problems even allowing me to see things as both the device and computer kept complaining about wanted to format the card????? help! thanks. BTW I had to do a "toshiba sd card format option" instead of the regular to get it to work. ???????

I'm a total loser and I've been banned!!!
    search is your friend. This was covered less than three days ago.

Ehud

spr
    I have done the search and in fact asked in those past threads but no one really gave a sufficient answer or work around

Sandisk 2 GB SD card issue

I hope that helps. If not, let us know what is insufficient about it... or what specific questions you still have... and someone will be right with ya

Ehud

spr
    Thanks Ehud, for the link I did format it every which way to no change. Sorry I deleted the email-

Also when I try to search 1g sd card it balks saying it's too short, can I get around that with " "

Basically I guess it just seems weird that it worked before - being able to transfer the full amount. Now it doesn't after any formatting type, fat32, fat, formatting on 6600, that it just seems strange that it would be defective now? I didn't really get an answer other than if it's not that then take it back. I guess I will try doing that but I got it at Frys and they're terrible with their return policy after X amount of day with memory or other computer stuff.

Thanks Sean
    Last edited by spr; 09-29-2005 at 11:18 AM.

When you say every which way... do you include Pocket Mechanic?

MWFielder suggests Pocket Mechanic in this thread:
    Help Fixing corrupt SD Card Formats

Luv2Chill points out when it's time to RMA in this thread:
    OK my xv6600 doesn't see my 1gb card anymore

I would try those in that order.

EHud

Never involved in a flame war! sputnik's Avatar
    Is it opposite day?
    _______
    Spu|nik VZW Kyo 7135 / VZW XV6600 / Sprint Mogul / Sprint Touch Pro / Sprint Touch Pro 2 / Apple iPhone 4 / ???

Ever had "one of those days"? I'm having "one of those LIVES!"
    XV6800, XV6700 AND an XV6600, Plantronics Voyager 855 Stereo BT Headset, Jabra JX-10 Release 2, Aliph Jawbone, Motorola H700, Motorola H850, Jabra BT800, Sony HBH-660, 2 GB SD

spr
    Yes even the other people said pocket mechanic didn't work. I have since contacted san disk to do an RMA. Thanks.