Closed Thread

Thread: hi!

hi!

just wanted to say hey, and thanks for all the useful info you guys have provided.

I've had this phone for about 3 months now, and still like it for the most part, although I'm a little weary about the fact that there may not be EV available for it from sprint

Hopefully I'll be able to contribute something for you guys.

On a sidenote, I have mythtv streaming live, and can watch the Giants games live over 1x w/TCPMP
    works way better with wifi though although that sucks that battery down pretty quick
    PPC6600
    2.04.00 WWE
    HA01_151 IS-683A+1xEV converted 10029 (with no EV entries :( )

Hello and Welcome.

Yeah its always a waiting game with the carriers. I've learned that until they actually release something, to count it as non-existent. No amount of talking to CS or internet rumors seem to hold. So hopefully everyone is right and Sprint releases an EVDO update by the end of the year but don't hold your breath either.

Streaming works much better with EVDO. I have been using ORB. I haven't found wifi to be that much better.

Good luck and congrats on getting 2.04 to load.
    AT&T Jailbroken Iphone 3G 2.2

oh.. i know all about the waiting game... I've been with sprint since about 98

I actually tried orb, because it seemed completely too simple, and for some reason, it didn't work worth a damn for me, i could never get it to stream no matter what i set my firewall to. Plus, I didn't like the fact that I had to reboot my linux box to windows since mythtv is pretty badass.

I'm gonna see if some reps i know can kick down a prl for me or something once they get the 6700 in their store (if it's even possible to get it off the phone) and maybe play around

haha.. it's funny.. during the 2.04 update, I somewhat turned my phone into a brick since vmware dropped the usb connection mid-flash...

good thing for bootloader mode.... I had to do the flash in windows since I don't trust vmware's usb anymore
    PPC6600
    2.04.00 WWE

I'm a total loser and I've been banned!!!
    Ha! I would have loved to hear of someone doing it all in native VMWare...

Still, welcome and well met

E

well.. the flash did work up until about 13% then it just sat there...
    no amount of mouse wiggling helped the situation... and clicking alot didn't do much either

so.. here's a quick question.. yes i've searched and read the threads on the evdo and stuff...

I feel confident doing the radio upgrade and prl update to 20007, but will my phone still function? Only catch is that I won't have roaming?

Thanks in advance
    PPC6600
    2.04.00 WWE

Administrator
    hi and welcome. please read thru the posts here in the fourm for these answers. they have already been addressed. lots of folks have completed this uprgade.