+ Reply to Thread

Thread: dialing issue

dialing issue

I don't know if anyone has had the same issue. There are times when I dial a number and get a message unable to dial number as entered. I have to do a soft reset and then I am able to dial out with no problem. Do you guys know if this may be issue with being on the internet while trying to dial a number or any suggestions?

Hello, and welcome to the forum.

The most likely culprit is that it is "online". Check the icon at the top of the screen and see if the arrows show that it is connected.

If so, hold down the "End" key (used to end a call) for about 8 seconds and it will drop internet connection.

Your call will go through normally.

Happens quite often.
    Ever had "one of those days"? I'm having "one of those LIVES!"
    XV6800, XV6700 AND an XV6600, Plantronics Voyager 855 Stereo BT Headset, Jabra JX-10 Release 2, Aliph Jawbone, Motorola H700, Motorola H850, Jabra BT800, Sony HBH-660, 2 GB SD

Thanks! I will try that.

Yeah, we've had this issue with all of our PPC-6600's. Happens to me once a day and I guess it's because my IMAP is syncing every 15 minutes. I did find that putting it in airplane mode, then taking it out will reset it as well, but clicking the battery lock button and letting the battery slightly disconnect, then locking it again works just as well.

I was thinking the problem might be fixed with an upgrade to the OS, but now that WM 5 is out, it looks like we'll have to deal with it until we replace our phones...

Originally posted by BetaMan
    Hello, and welcome to the forum.

The most likely culprit is that it is "online". Check the icon at the top of the screen and see if the arrows show that it is connected.

If so, hold down the "End" key (used to end a call) for about 8 seconds and it will drop internet connection.

Your call will go through normally.

Happens quite often.
    Be ready as once the data connection is closed down, the call will dial immediately ( at least on mine it does). Almost got caught by surprise a couple of times.

Bob Duckworth

Originally posted by rduckwor1
    Be ready as once the data connection is closed down, the call will dial immediately ( at least on mine it does). Almost got caught by surprise a couple of times.

Bob Duckworth

Ditto that!
    Ever had "one of those days"? I'm having "one of those LIVES!"
    XV6800, XV6700 AND an XV6600, Plantronics Voyager 855 Stereo BT Headset, Jabra JX-10 Release 2, Aliph Jawbone, Motorola H700, Motorola H850, Jabra BT800, Sony HBH-660, 2 GB SD

Here is the best way to fix that problem and save the hassle of using flight mode:

This edit allows you to see the duration of your Vision connection along with a button to disconnect it. You see it in the bubble that is displayed when you tap the Vision icon.

Edit the registry by doing this:

Click HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE
    Click ControlPanel
    Click Phone
    [at this point, the buttom grey status bar should read \HKLM\ControlPanel\Phone'
    Click the bottom menu 'edit'
    Select new dword value

Change the value name to "Flags2" (no quotes).
    Select the 'hexidecimal' button.
    Type 10
    Click ok.
    You should now see in the 'name/data' section:

Flags2 16 (0x00010)

When done, reset the device.