+ Reply to Thread

Speaker just dies? Arrrggh!

I just tried to make a call with my ppc6600 - and noticed I wasn't getting any sound. I used the phone eailer today with the headset - all worked just fine. Now, if I put the headset back in, I DO get sound via the headset - but the speaker on the phone is apparently dead. I suppose I can return it for another one or whatever - but I kinda hate to do that since I have this one all setup the way I want.
    Anyone have any suggestions or heard of anyone having a similar problem?

And now that I think about it...I'm going to return it anyway. This is the 3rd 6600 I've had - and this one hasn't been quite right since I've had it....the 'start' button on it has never worked either - I've tried programming it to other things and nuttin.

Damn...I guess I got a lemon this time...grrrrrrr

I'm a total loser and I've been banned!!!
    I suspect the springie contact that the headset moves away in order to disconnect the speaker is no longer springing back to connect

RMA.

E

That's prolly it...I guess I can try & wiggle the headset jack in there..maybe it'll free up the spring....oh well...its going back to Fry's electornics for a new one tonight anyhow...grrrrr

solution = hit it

hahaha...well I tried putting the earphone back in..wiggling it around and such...still no luck. I got this one less than a week ago, so I know I won't have any trouble returning it to the Fry's Electronic's I got it at. Besides, like i said that stupid start-button hasn't ever worked either so this one is simply a lemon. Plus I've noticed that their is a small gap where the keyboard and phone come together - its not flush like the other two I had. Maybe this one was dropped when it was shipped or something...

I posted about the same problem a few weeks ago. It is true the springie contact that the headset moves away in order to disconnect the speaker is no longer springing back to connect.

Also for and FYI several of my friends including myself have this problem when we get done using Bluetooth Headsets. For some reason, the phone has to be reset.
    My Momma alway said " Downloading unknown software on you PPC 6700 is like opening a Box of Chocolates.......You never know what you're gonna Get"..........

You said " Also for and FYI several of my friends including myself have this problem when we get done using Bluetooth Headsets. For some reason, the phone has to be reset."

Did you do a hard or soft reset? I it happened to me once or twice when I had many programs running at once and a soft reset solved the problem. The last time, though, I had to put a paper clip down in there and jiggle until it worked again.

I think if it's the springie contact it will happen to more of us the metal in the contact fatigues over time and extended use.

Each time that happend to me or one of my friends we always had to do a soft reset.
    My Momma alway said " Downloading unknown software on you PPC 6700 is like opening a Box of Chocolates.......You never know what you're gonna Get"..........