+ Reply to Thread

Question Want "one hand" operation of unit

or lets just call it. Make my Xv6600 a Blackberry!

Is there anything out there that will enhance certain icons or all icons to make it easy to use your fingers to make selections?

I have tried using the keypad and menus, but that is almost as bad.... better, but still bad.

Main "*****" is Outlook email. Berry was just so much easier to reply to emails while driving than the XV is. I know, "you should be doing that".

Any suggestions?

Get a berry not a legit answer

Geek
    I think this is a smoke screen for EVDO adult entertainment needs

In all seriousness, I have had good luck with the scrolling, etc of the main button. I usually avoid all use of the email, net, etc when driving. It becomes GPS and phone only at that point.

Sorry!
    Dan Kunz - XV6600

Well, Voice Command is quite good for "no hand operation." Dialing - fingerclix has gotten good reviews. I like contact breeze for easy access to dialing on the today screen.

For messaging, have you tried using the dpad? Hold down the center button and the context menu comes up. So select your message, hold down the center of the dpad, the context menu comes up, scroll to reply(or press r;center button), start typing. (Not while driving please)

Really these devices aren't well mapped for one handed use but you can get by.
    AT&T Jailbroken Iphone 3G 2.2

Originally posted by IvanLasston
    Well, Voice Command is quite good for "no hand operation." Dialing - fingerclix has gotten good reviews. I like contact breeze for easy access to dialing on the today screen.

For messaging, have you tried using the dpad? Hold down the center button and the context menu comes up. So select your message, hold down the center of the dpad, the context menu comes up, scroll to reply(or press r;center button), start typing. (Not while driving please)

Really these devices aren't well mapped for one handed use but you can get by.
    Speaking of better one handed use. Anyone thoughts on how speech interface could make the device easier to use in hands free situations?

Originally posted by Xyzzy
    Speaking of better one handed use. Anyone thoughts on how speech interface could make the device easier to use in hands free situations?
    What are you asking? From what I understand of your question:
    Voice command really helps in hands free situations. Although it isn't completely hands free, you need to push a button to activate it, you can call, start programs, get your next appointment, and status of the device. You can even start up music by artist, album or genre.

Fonix Voice Central also has the ability to read back your email. It didn't seem as good at Voice Recognition as Voice Command but it seemed OK.
    http://www.fonix.com/fonix/index.php
    AT&T Jailbroken Iphone 3G 2.2

Techie in a Cowboy Town
    Has anyone had any luck downloading fingerclix???? I have downloaded it from their website ... but ... when I try to load it ... I get something called flashpath????? and it loads on my pc ... I'd love to try fingerclix ... as I think I'd like it from the specs .. but this is driving me nuts ...

Fuzzy
    Fuzzy
    Kyo 6035, Sam I300, Sam I330, Kyo 7315, Treo 600, Sam I600, Sam I700, GL1000, HP6315, SX56, PDA2K, Jam, Xv6600 W/cam, Treo 650, I730 Wm2K3, Treo 700W, I730 w/WM 5.0, XV6700, Moto Q (Silver), Treo 700WX, xv6700 wm6, Moto Q Black, Moto Q9m, Sam I760, xv6800, xv6900, Q9C, Touch Pro, iPhone 3G 16G, iPhone 3gs 32G ... not even gonna list the non converged units

Check out this thread, describing an experiment I did with hardware button settings.

My apologies to PhoneHome for sending you to another forum - I'm pressed for time, so it's easier to point to my existing thread. Just check out the thread, but come back here!

Matt

nice... my biggest gripe is not knowing how to hit send on the text message window w/buttons.. i guess i need to map the context menu to a button
    PPC6600
    2.04.00 WWE
    HA01_151 IS-683A+1xEV converted 10029 (with no EV entries :( )

Yes, mapping a button to the context menu will do it.

The TAB key on the keyboard will jump you from the To: field to the Subject and then the Body, but you'll need the context menu to select Send (or Save in Drafts, Cancel message, etc).

Matt

yup.. just noticed that... i kept doing the super finger stretch and hit the send button on the screen
    PPC6600
    2.04.00 WWE
    HA01_151 IS-683A+1xEV converted 10029 (with no EV entries :( )

I'm a total loser and I've been banned!!!

Re: Want "one hand" operation of unit

Wait for the BB8700.

Originally posted by bucknasty
    or lets just call it. Make my Xv6600 a Blackberry!

Is there anything out there that will enhance certain icons or all icons to make it easy to use your fingers to make selections?

I have tried using the keypad and menus, but that is almost as bad.... better, but still bad.

Main "*****" is Outlook email. Berry was just so much easier to reply to emails while driving than the XV is. I know, "you should be doing that".

Any suggestions?

Get a berry not a legit answer