+ Reply to Thread

Ok, I'm an idiot and I need help

So- After reading all about PhotoContacts I thought it would be a nice little addition to my XV, so I installed, had an error, read in the forums to delete and reinstall, deleted... something I wasn't supposed to.

Not sure what file I accidentally manually deleted, but now my camera program will not load. if I press the side button, or launch the programs, it flashes to the camera screen and then immediately quits back to the today screen. Any idea what I might be missing? and if so, any idea where I might find it?

Let me be the first to call me a newb

More information would help.
    HOW did you delete it? Using the Remove Programs app?
    What do you have left in there (Remove Programs) now?
    Peace ~ Trident
    Using my own custom WM6.5 ROMGO GATORS! NCAA National Champs x3~ Football & Basketball(x2)!

I actually, in serious newb manner, seriously messed up. When I went to remove the program, PhotoContacts was not listed, so I assumed it just dumped the files without properly installing, which made sense at the time. When I tried to reinstall it said that there were photocontact files running, so I went to the windows folder (oops) and manually deleted all the photocontacts files, and accidentally one non-photocontacts file.

this was at work at the end of the day friday, so i was out of coffee, and thus, a little tired a lot out of it. The phone was running fine all weekend until I tried to take a picture...

I realize this probably isn't any more info than before and will probably not be that helpful an addition to my first post. Thanks for thinking about it though!

I'm a total loser and I've been banned!!!
    http://www.myehud.com/xv6600/cabs/MMS_Camera.CAB

That will re-install the camera, and lord know whatever else.

or you can get ocp cab manager, open up that cab, extrac the camera, and voila.

Ehud

Wouldn't it be better to just hard-reset the device? It would be clean and you can re-install all of your programs.

I hope you have all the cabs and license info. With this, it should only take about a half hour.

Yes!!
    Not sure if it was the cab reinstall or the hard-reset but it works again.
    best-site-ever
    Thanks all