+ Reply to Thread

Active Sync Question

Our office has 10 of these sync'd though the verizon sofware provided with the Phone, Microsoft activesync 3.7.1 in which we use to sync everything though our exchange server. Everything is working as it should.

My question is pretty straight foward though. Currently I have the active sync running under an adminstrative user on a windows 2000 server. I was wondering if there was a way to take all the profiles i have their and move them to another user on the same machine. As it stands right now, I would have to enter all the phone numbers, passwords, etc to be able to move the files to the other user name.

Is there a simple way to do this? Does anyone use active sync?

I think you are talking about Wirelesssync if its the Verizon Software. It uses intellisync. If we are on the same page and are talking about Wirelesssync: I don't know of a way to move the profiles to another user. Think about the security issues if you were able to extract that information anyway. I'd recommend not going down that path for security reasons. (I know its head in the sand security but right now there is no known way of doing it)

I am unsure(I can't find the page) but I thought you had to have administrator rights to run Wirelesssync.
    AT&T Jailbroken Iphone 3G 2.2

Originally posted by IvanLasston
    I think you are talking about Wirelesssync if its the Verizon Software. It uses intellisync. If we are on the same page and are talking about Wirelesssync: I don't know of a way to move the profiles to another user. Think about the security issues if you were able to extract that information anyway. I'd recommend not going down that path for security reasons. (I know its head in the sand security but right now there is no known way of doing it)

I am unsure(I can't find the page) but I thought you had to have administrator rights to run Wirelesssync.
    I do have adminstrator rights.

I guess the main question would be this: is there a way to clone the user profile I have currently running on the windows 2000 server or an easier way then sitting down with all the vx6600's and redo each setup again. (which is virtually impossible considering the staff here is almost all field staff and virtually never in the office at the same time)

Thanks for the quick response !

Scott