+ Reply to Thread

Question New Verizon phone problems

I've searched the forums but havent found anything about this.

I'm having alot of trouble recieving calls. Usually when I do a soft reset I can get a call in, but when I use almost any application for even a small amount of time I'm not told when I have an incoming call, there is no notification at all. If I go to the phone and I hit the talk button I can pick up the call but there is absolutely no way for me to know when someone is calling. I can call out fine but the rest of the phone is useless and sometimes doesn't appear in whole (only the numpad area will show) but the rest of the device seems to work perfectly.

I just recieved my xv6600 I have Wisbar 2 and pocket informant installed.

I updated the ROM to 2.03 hoping it may help but to no avail (I did not restore anything).

Anyone have this problem before?

I'm a total loser and I've been banned!!!
    What do ou have running other than Wisbar and pocket informant?

Have you tried disabling both and seeing if the problem goes away? Sounds a lot like either an app not releasing Express Network, or a DLL memory issue. Both would be resolved by disabling running apps.

E

I dont have anything other than Wisbar and Pocket Informant installed. I turned off wisbar and and soft reset and it seems to be working.

Is their anything I can do so I can use Wisbar?

I've been holding off installing all my other apps because of the phone issue, do you think its a application specific problem with Wisbar? or will I run into the problem if i try to use too much of the systems resources in general?

I'm a total loser and I've been banned!!!
    Probably the latter. Someone posted today about Wisbar Advanced 2. Are you using that new version?

I was using wisbar advanced 2.0.1.1, I just loaded up Age of empires since I assume its rather resource intensive and I had no problems with the phone running just AOE and pocket informant.

It must just be Wisbar for me which is dissapointing since the cascading start menu it uses is great.

Never involved in a flame war! sputnik's Avatar
    You can actually use the cascading start menu without having Wisbar take over the whole phone. In the start menu there should be a folder "Wisbar Advance', and in there an icon for Casc Start Menu, or something like that. The thing I didn't like about Wisbar was that the "alert" icon was always in its active state, so I could never tell when I had received a message.
    _______
    Spu|nik VZW Kyo 7135 / VZW XV6600 / Sprint Mogul / Sprint Touch Pro / Sprint Touch Pro 2 / Apple iPhone 4 / ???

Fully Converged, painfully at times Kreigz's Avatar
    sputnik,

The latest releases of WBA2 can handle the notification differently. Instead of always showing the notification icon (like it used to due to the network type icon always being present), now WBA2 can be set to only display if there are more than one notification icon being displayed by the OS.

Originally posted by sputnik
    You can actually use the cascading start menu without having Wisbar take over the whole phone. In the start menu there should be a folder "Wisbar Advance', and in there an icon for Casc Start Menu, or something like that. The thing I didn't like about Wisbar was that the "alert" icon was always in its active state, so I could never tell when I had received a message.
    The XV6700 is a lot like democracy: They're both less than perfect, but they're the best available ... as far as Verizon is concerned.

I have had every release of WBA2 (stable and beta) installed over the last 6 months. Never have I had calls not come through.

Keep looking around. If you really think thats it. disable wad from starting and run it a few hours without using it and see how it works. then turn it on, now how does it work?

if it's wad, go post in the wad forums, chris is excellent at listening to his user base.

Never involved in a flame war! sputnik's Avatar
    Is this a beta, or the latest release?

Originally posted by Kreigz
    sputnik,

The latest releases of WBA2 can handle the notification differently. Instead of always showing the notification icon (like it used to due to the network type icon always being present), now WBA2 can be set to only display if there are more than one notification icon being displayed by the OS.
    _______
    Spu|nik VZW Kyo 7135 / VZW XV6600 / Sprint Mogul / Sprint Touch Pro / Sprint Touch Pro 2 / Apple iPhone 4 / ???

2.4.1.10 beta

grab in the forums