+ Reply to Thread

Is my phone dying....?

OK, have not been on the boards for a while but I read thru a bunch of posts and don't see any issues like mine.

I have a Verizon 6600 that I bought in December of last year and it has been a joy.

Lately though, since the last firmware upgrade, I have been having more problems. The original battery does not seem to hold a charge so I replaced it (1/2 price if you do it in the first year!) but I seem to have 2 main problems right now and I think they may be related:

1) Sometimes something happens at night and my phone will be completely discharged, like something woke it up and it never shut back off.

2) I am missing calls. No ring, no notification, nada. When I do a soft resetr I'll find that I have several messages.

Could there be some problem with the notification alert that is either waking the phone up and causing the battery to drain or freezing the phone by not displaying?

Any insight from the board would be helpful.

TIA

Are you using the alarm system that comes with Windows? There's something about at 12 midnight, it doubles the events. I'm sure a search can get you a more specific answer. The utility to try is "Check Notifications".

http://www.scarybearsoftware.com/ppc_cn_overview.html

Thanks....

I did a full restore previously and probably dropped those utilities. Cleaned up 50 files, and made some notification changes under settings. Hopefully that helps, I'll let you know