+ Reply to Thread

Version 3 Lion Battery - HEAVEN

I have had the version 3 battery (2400) from Lion for 4 weeks now. I have not had Not a single reset or crash.

The first 2 versions gave me resets or complete failures - sometimes twice a day. Even dropping it in my pocket or onto my car seat would sometimes cause it to factory default... or reset as a minimum.

The new one fixes ALL the problems and I finally recommend it to everyone. I even tested it by throwing it around more agressively (without risk of damage but enough to shake it up) and it never faltered, NOT ONCE.

Thanks to Lion for the free replacements to get this baby working and getting me replacements, no charge. First class customer service.

Have you tried, putting the OEM battery in. Then switching back to the LionBattery. I've found sometimes that causes resets even with V3 but it doesn't happen all the time.

Otherwise I agree with you. Once I told Mark that I was having reset troubles, he switched out my V2 with a V3 and the resets ceased (except for switching between OEM and Lion)
    AT&T Jailbroken Iphone 3G 2.2

I did all my backups before trying the new 2400v3 battery... and NOW you're telling me about switching back... just as I've finally discharged it for the first time and am getting ready to put in my OEM/backup battery? LMAO

We'll see in a minute...

Is there a correct battery switching procedure? Other than backing up, does it help to turn flight mode on or something?
    Peace ~ Trident
    Using my own custom WM6.5 ROMGO GATORS! NCAA National Champs x3~ Football & Basketball(x2)!

To get back on subject:
    I LOVE this new battery!
    I went from barely lasting a day to going almost three days!
    I'm not a super heavy user, but I do use the BT headset (when it works) for phone calls. And not one spontaneous hard/soft reset.

Of course, I am backing up like a madman.
    Peace ~ Trident
    Using my own custom WM6.5 ROMGO GATORS! NCAA National Champs x3~ Football & Basketball(x2)!

/me == jealous

I was gonna try to get one before going out of town, but looks like they're on vacation till the 16th
    PPC6600
    2.04.00 WWE
    HA01_151 IS-683A+1xEV converted 10029 (with no EV entries :( )

I have the V2 3300 mah battery from them. if i bump it hard or swap batteries = reset every time. its also a tad loose as all the v2's were.

other than that I'm loving it. like you said it lasts about 3 days of average use.

Fully Converged, painfully at times Kreigz's Avatar
    You'll find that switching batteries ... anyone's - OEM or aftermarket ... is a hard reset risk.

I've found nearly 95% success by turning on Flight mode, placing the phone screen down on a stable surface, holding the battery carefully in place while releasing the catch, and carefully removing the battery ... followed by the steps in reverse order with the second battery.

The trick is to cleanly disconnect the battery, and cleanly reconnect the new battery. Any disconnect/reconnect jitters and you'll be loading a backup.

Originally posted by Trident
    I did all my backups before trying the new 2400v3 battery... and NOW you're telling me about switching back... just as I've finally discharged it for the first time and am getting ready to put in my OEM/backup battery? LMAO

We'll see in a minute...

Is there a correct battery switching procedure? Other than backing up, does it help to turn flight mode on or something?
    The XV6700 is a lot like democracy: They're both less than perfect, but they're the best available ... as far as Verizon is concerned.

I too have the V3, 2400 mAh battery and lOVE it as well. Only problem with it (and this is a HUGE annoyance!!!) is that when I type on the slide-out keybard, the phone soulds like it is gritting teeth. It is caused by the battery not fitting exactly right in the phone. OEM battery doesn't do this. V2 2400 mAh battery didn't do this.

HUGE annoyance...... but battery performs great!
    Ever had "one of those days"? I'm having "one of those LIVES!"
    XV6800, XV6700 AND an XV6600, Plantronics Voyager 855 Stereo BT Headset, Jabra JX-10 Release 2, Aliph Jawbone, Motorola H700, Motorola H850, Jabra BT800, Sony HBH-660, 2 GB SD

ya mines talks now too. it didnt until just recently. but so does the sony psp. guess you just can't have a small device in adult hands without breaking it.

Ughhhhhh....

I can't wait till Mark gets back from vacation.

I posted on another thread, but this appears more "current".

I cannot stand my 2200 right now--it is so loose, that I have been forced to layer tape to keep it alive...
    "I think, therefor I am"
    -Rene Descartes

Striving for Understanding novuslotus's Avatar

newly arisen battery problem

I don't know if any other people have had trouble with this (I noticed one other thread about this same problem, but only a couple of people had replied), but after 3-4 months of good use my 3300 battery is now causing hard resets everytime I even look at my PPC funny. It never used to do this before, and the device is hard-resetting every week or so which is really killing it's usefulness for me. The standard battery works fine, and the resetting only happens with the 3300 extended battery.

I just wanted to throw that out there to find out if A) any of you have had the same problem with version 2 batteries acting up after a few months, and B) if you think that Mark would entertain a request to switch out this battery for another one and if he's dealt with these problems before. When's he back from vacation?

Thanks as always guys.

Re: newly arisen battery problem

Originally posted by novuslotus
    I don't know if any other people have had trouble with this (I noticed one other thread about this same problem, but only a couple of people had replied), but after 3-4 months of good use my 3300 battery is now causing hard resets everytime I even look at my PPC funny. It never used to do this before, and the device is hard-resetting every week or so which is really killing it's usefulness for me. The standard battery works fine, and the resetting only happens with the 3300 extended battery.

I just wanted to throw that out there to find out if A) any of you have had the same problem with version 2 batteries acting up after a few months, and B) if you think that Mark would entertain a request to switch out this battery for another one and if he's dealt with these problems before.

Dude. That's what this WHOLE thread is about! The older batteries causing problems like hard resets!
    XV6800, XV6700 AND an XV6600, Plantronics Voyager 855 Stereo BT Headset, Jabra JX-10 Release 2, Aliph Jawbone, Motorola H700, Motorola H850, Jabra BT800, Sony HBH-660, 2 GB SD

Re: Version 3 Lion Battery - HEAVEN

Originally posted by franky111
    I have had the version 3 battery (2400) from Lion for 4 weeks now. I have not had Not a single reset or crash.

The first 2 versions gave me resets or complete failures - sometimes twice a day. Even dropping it in my pocket or onto my car seat would sometimes cause it to factory default... or reset as a minimum.

The new one fixes ALL the problems and I finally recommend it to everyone. I even tested it by throwing it around more agressively (without risk of damage but enough to shake it up) and it never faltered, NOT ONCE.

Thanks to Lion for the free replacements to get this baby working and getting me replacements, no charge. First class customer service.
    I also had purchased (2) of the 2400 mah batteries and one does hard resets all by itself about every hour. I can't even use it anymore and there only about 7 months old. DO you have the contact info for Lion so that I might be able to get in touch with them to see what could be done in a replacement for a V3 model? Thanks in advance.
    XV6600>XV6700>Treo 700W (I think I'll stay here a while).

Dude. That's what this WHOLE thread is about! The older batteries causing problems like hard resets!
    Yeah, I realize that - I was just wondering if anyone had had a "honeymoon" period of a few months before their battery started acting up. Mine was working beautifully until about a month ago when it just started hard-resetting in my pocket every few days.

I guess if others have had theirs replaced, I'll try and shoot Mark an email and describe my problem . . .

Seems like the V3, 2400 mAh batteries might be exhibiting the same behavior! I HOPE NOT!

Seems like the V3, 2400 mAh batteries might be exhibiting the same behavior! I HOPE NOT!
    That would not be good. I just hope the V3 3300 mAh battery works fine and that I can get a replacement for my glitchy V2 batt . . .

My PPC feels so much thinner now that I've taken off that monster of a battery! Not that I minded the extra bulk before, but . . . it definitely feels slimmer.