+ Reply to Thread

What's your favorite holster/case?

I just pulled the trigger on a PPC6600 yesterday, was wondering what's your favorite holster with belt clips.

I'm looking for.

1. Lightweight
    2. Slim line
    3. Accessiblity

I got this one on eBay. Love it.
    Protects most of the screen but allows sight of the caller ID. Easy access and use of the keypad. Some have said that the metal cases reduce reception... I'll admit I only had the phone for about a week before I got the case, but if there has been a reduction, I haven't noticed much.

I also prefer the "book" opening vs. the flip. I can attest to the neoprene shock protection working (at least 3/4 times; I pressed my luck a little too much ).

A lot depends on whether you prefer the leather vs. aluminum and what kind of storage you want.
    Peace ~ Trident
    Using my own custom WM6.5 ROMGO GATORS! NCAA National Champs x3~ Football & Basketball(x2)!

I saw that and thought that it would be a little bucky? Just the sound of metal makes it sound heavy. Correct me if I'm wrong, it does look cool though.

Not sure what "bucky" is...

I'd bet that the aluminum/metal alloy is lighter than the leather.

I think the looks are far superior- but since none of the leather ones allows any view of the screen when enclosed, it makes the functionality better also. I can also answer a call without opening the case, using speakerphone or using the headset and not get skin-to-screen contact. I like that.
    I got mine from the guy when he was selling them for a bunch less than he is now, so I'd have to reconsider the cost factor. But I'd say it's still worth it if that's your favorite. Note that you can Buy It Now at his store for $28 - that's what I paid for it, but I had free shipping.
    No, I get nothing out of this and am not related to this seller in any way other than being a satisfied customer.
    Peace ~ Trident
    Using my own custom WM6.5 ROMGO GATORS! NCAA National Champs x3~ Football & Basketball(x2)!

THanks for the excelent advise/review. I think I'm gonna do.
    How does it feel on your hip? Pretty comfortable?

Originally posted by dannieboiz
    THanks for the excelent advise/review. I think I'm gonna do.
    How does it feel on your hip? Pretty comfortable?
    I don't know that any of these things are "comfortable"; I like that it swings freely. I keep it attached to the 5th pocket of my jeans/shorts or just above my front right pocket on my belt. I'll say that the size of this device makes sure you notice it, but it's not that big of a deal. I'm sure not going to lose it!

My one concern about this particular case it that the clip attaches to a stud that screws into the back of the case; that stud will unscrew itself with enough swinging or turning. I find that if I'm wearing the case/ppc for a while, I just check it periodically. I'm debating getting some sort of lockwasher to keep it in, but I don't want it permanently installed "just in case" I want it off for some reason for an extended period of time. Nor do I want the back of the case scratched up.
    Last edited by Trident; 10-04-2005 at 10:26 PM.
    Peace ~ Trident

KC Mike - obsessively converged mb5451's Avatar

Expansys

I got the Krussel Dynamic, with separate metal knob for the back, instead of the standard plastic knob, and a leather loop for my belt, instead of the standard clip. All meant to make it more robust. The slot on the back of the case (leather, with a clear plastic front) was plastic and broke when pressure was put on the metal knob. sigh

I sent it all back, got my $50 or so back, from ExecutivePDA.com and ordered a PDA holster (soft, web'ish material) from Expansys.com for about $10.

Much better. Very happy. It has a velcro'd web loop that works on the belt very nice. Just grab the sides of the phone and lift. Very easy.

I'm much happier.
    KC Mike - Palm/PPC/ ..............

Blackberry Curve 8310 - Google Maps, Beyond411, Splashid, 2GB micro-SD