+ Reply to Thread

Calendar appts. from previous owner:

I inadvertently hit "restore" soon after I received my PPC-6600 from Lockline. It restored the previous owner's contacts and appointments. This guy was an attorney and must have had 500 or more contacts. I got those deleted and deleted what I thought was all his appointments. But I get reminders every day and I hit "dismiss all"............but when I look on the calendar, I don't see any future appointments but yet the phone will pop these up when it's time.............how do I find these future things and delete them?

I would hard reset the phone and not worry with the bogus data. Start fresh with just YOUR data only.
    Ever had "one of those days"? I'm having "one of those LIVES!"
    XV6800, XV6700 AND an XV6600, Plantronics Voyager 855 Stereo BT Headset, Jabra JX-10 Release 2, Aliph Jawbone, Motorola H700, Motorola H850, Jabra BT800, Sony HBH-660, 2 GB SD

Careful though... a hard reset won't clear the Permanent Save memory.
    Before you do the hard reset, go to Permanent Save, uncheck everything and click OK when it tells you it's going to clear the memory. Then Recheck what you want of YOUR information to go into permanent save, close/save.
    THEN do the hard reset.
    Peace ~ Trident
    Using my own custom WM6.5 ROMGO GATORS! NCAA National Champs x3~ Football & Basketball(x2)!

I'm a total loser and I've been banned!!!
    Sounds like the notifications database didn't get cleared properly when you deleted all the old calendar stuff.

You could use specific tools, however, you don't know what else is equally corrupted, so a hard reset is indicated.

1. Uncheck all the permanent save stuff
    2. Hard reset
    3. Using file explorer, go to \storage and delete everything

This really and truly will fix the problems you're having...

Ehud

Problem solved...............Lockline just sent me a brand, spanking new one that has all the accessories (new in the box). The one I received last week was a refurbished one.