+ Reply to Thread

data lost after battery discharge

I am totally fed up with the XV6600!!!!!!! Last night was the third and final time my unit lost all of its data. I left the phone in my car, near full charge, and when I got into my car this morning I Had the little Align your Screen prompt. I was beyond pissed off. You might be saying bad battery, etc. but this is my third Harrier. I'm done with it.

Does anyone know if the Samsung i730 or the Treo 650 have the same problem of loosing all the data when the battery completely drains??

Is that your third phone WITH new battery? or just third phone, using SAME battery?

Too many people (including myself) use this phone EVERYDAY and don't experience that problem. Either the battery is bad, charger is bad, or some program is keeping the CPU running like mad, causing the battery to prematurely run down.

Problem could happen to another phone as well.
    Ever had "one of those days"? I'm having "one of those LIVES!"
    XV6800, XV6700 AND an XV6600, Plantronics Voyager 855 Stereo BT Headset, Jabra JX-10 Release 2, Aliph Jawbone, Motorola H700, Motorola H850, Jabra BT800, Sony HBH-660, 2 GB SD

I'm a total loser and I've been banned!!!

Re: data lost after battery discharge

Obviously, don't know about the circumstances with the first 2 hard resets, but in this third episode 'heat' may have contributed since your phone was locked in your car. I agree that there are too many anomolies with batteries and the 6600, and no one has a viable explanation, theories notwithstanding. Certainly not the manufacturer or the carriers.

Originally posted by marco_polo
    I am totally fed up with the XV6600!!!!!!! Last night was the third and final time my unit lost all of its data. I left the phone in my car, near full charge, and when I got into my car this morning I Had the little Align your Screen prompt. I was beyond pissed off. You might be saying bad battery, etc. but this is my third Harrier. I'm done with it.

I'm a total loser and I've been banned!!!
    This happens with all Pocket PC phones not running WM5.0 when the battery drains, so you definitely want to get a treo.

That way you can also post in the treo forum whenever your frustration gets the best of you.

Ehud