+ Reply to Thread

Need Activesync to leave time alone

Well, my desktop clock is shot. The time jumps +/- 10 years while all other settings in BIOS remain stable. Troubleshooting complete, it's shot.

This is the PC I sync with and I hate the fact I cannot set it up so that the PPC does not get the time from the broken clock on my desktop. It really messes me up.

I found one thread where Ehud recommended running vxutil to set the time on the 6600, and this works. I would just like Activesync to forget about the desktop clock, or better yet, let me synch the desktop to the PPC 6600.

Rant over, any ideas?

TomD.

Are you saying you unchecked tools->options->synchronize mobile device clock upon connecting and it is still changing the clock on the PPC?

Also, what happens with your appointments? Just having your data off because of daylight savings has caused problems.

You could also use sp timesync (also suggested by Ehud) for the PPC.
    http://www.spdialer.com/timesync/
    AT&T Jailbroken Iphone 3G 2.2

No, I still need the two to synch, so I have not turned synching off altogether.

Appointments, calendar, alarms all suffer badly and cause the 6600 to freak out when it thinks I have missed 5 years of events and alarms.

I don't use Timesynch, but I do use (and like) Atomic Clock Sync (freeware) that can easily set the desktop to the right time and date. The problem is that the desktop quickly loses the time, often by large margins. I also have just moved to BFE and have only the 6600 for Internet, so the desktop has plenty of offline time to trash the clock.

Thanks,

TomD.

IvanLasston:

You're right. I never noticed that option before. I must have read right through you're reply the first time I read it because the answer was right there and I didnt see it.

Thanks a million!

From no joy to full joy.

TomD.

I'm a total loser and I've been banned!!!
    (And you can always install an NTP client on on your PC and have it fix the time regularly.)

E
    I use mtimesynch on my ppc and tardis on my pc.

I'm not so technically adept, but I'd be most concerned about my PCs clock jumping around. I had this issue on a previous PC, and a tech support person had me replace a small backup battery on the motherboard--> All clock issues fixed. I was told that the time started to go first as a sort of "warning"... next would be BIOS settings.
    That's my $0.02.
    Peace ~ Trident
    Using my own custom WM6.5 ROMGO GATORS! NCAA National Champs x3~ Football & Basketball(x2)!