+ Reply to Thread

Text message error

Whenever I send a text message (in the last two days) I get the following message after the bubble that says, "Message sent".

Message ID:154
    Error Class: Temporary (2)
    Cause.code: Other.Gnr.P(107)

Anyone have a clue about what's happening?

Mostly, the messages are NOT getting delivered.
    Peace ~ Trident
    Using my own custom WM6.5 ROMGO GATORS! NCAA National Champs x3~ Football & Basketball(x2)!

I'm a total loser and I've been banned!!!
    If a soft reset doesn't cure it, contact your provider and tell them you're unable to send text messages.

THIS ASSUMES YOU HAVE NOT CHANGED YOUR RADIO STACK, YOUR PRL, OR ANY OTHER SUCH SETTING.

Ehud

You should clarify if you are on Sprint or Verizon. Judging from your stats I would say Sprint but you know what they say about assuming.

Can you receive messages? Are you trying to send to another phone? Can you send to email?
    AT&T Jailbroken Iphone 3G 2.2

I've upgraded the ROM, but as far as I can tell, the radio is the same as is the PRL.
    Until yesterday, I had no problems w/text messages- and I upgraded the ROM about a week ago.

I'm on Sprint.
    I can receive messages.
    Yes, I'm sending to another phone.
    I can't send text messages to an email account. Regular SprintPCS mail seems to be working OK.
    Peace ~ Trident
    Using my own custom WM6.5 ROMGO GATORS! NCAA National Champs x3~ Football & Basketball(x2)!

I get that from time to time, and I am on Sprint in FL, too.

I just go to Sent folder, hit forward, and resend it. Always goes through the second time.

-BD

I tried sending a second time, since yesterday that worked. But today, I tried replying to the same text msg 4 times with the same result.
    Peace ~ Trident

I've had this same error message a number of times and I agree that it is annoying. I have found that I generally get the error message when I am traveling between service zones and my phone is in and out of signal. If I do get that message then I just wait until I have full signal/ev/1x or such and resend, and that usually does the job.
    This probably wont be too helpful, I just wanted to let you know that it happens to me too.
    Also, I will sometimes get that message after a soft reset, which I don't really understand.

On my XV6600, there is a app in the "Start->Programs" screen called "Text Messages Retry". I usually hit "Retry All" and if that doesn't work I click "Dismiss All". Works everytime.
    Ever had "one of those days"? I'm having "one of those LIVES!"
    XV6800, XV6700 AND an XV6600, Plantronics Voyager 855 Stereo BT Headset, Jabra JX-10 Release 2, Aliph Jawbone, Motorola H700, Motorola H850, Jabra BT800, Sony HBH-660, 2 GB SD

Trident - Any resolution? I have the same problem as you do. I just tried sending text messages a couple weeks ago. I only had 1 or 2 actually go through total. Previously, I upgraded my ROM but to 1.36.00 WWE and it did not say "completed successfully" when I was done. I'm thinking maybe this has something to do with it. I spoke with Verizon a couple of times about this error and they don't have a clue.

I have Radio version: HA01_151, Protocol: AA3.3.301, PRL: 50430, ExtROM: 1.36.117 WWE, Hardware: 0041.

I haven't seen that error message since the time that I posted last in this thread.
    Keeping my fingers crossed.
    The only thing I can see that might have caused it was that I was in an area with a very week signal. But that is totally a guess.

I'm going to start a new thread about the other error message I've been getting lately. (right after I search for it!)
    Peace ~ Trident