+ Reply to Thread
    spr

just recieved new audio out adapter and not my phone is screwed up??

After using it in the car (worked fine). I went to make a call after and there was no volume and the caller said they couldn't hear me. When I put the handsfree in it works fine, as well as bluetooth. I tried soft reset, nothing. I tried hard reset still screwed!!! Help. Also using the permanent contact save thing doesn't survive a hard reset? Weak I wish I would have known so I could have dumped my contacts on the sd card. BTW I finally got my 1g sd card working. Basically you need a prog to do a full block by block format and then it works fine

I'm a total loser and I've been banned!!!
    1. Yeah, common problem. New phone time.
    2. Yes, it does. Go and re-check the permanent save stuff and it will all restore from \storage.
    3. Yes, you should always do backups.
    4. Neat.

E

spr
    thanks. I went to the permanent save but it didn't have a restore feature that I found? New phone eh? Is there a reason why this occured is it a defective audio adapter offhand? I don't want to get a new phone and then have it occur seconds later. Thanks E

I'm a total loser and I've been banned!!!
    Defective spring-contact inside the headset port. Doesn't spring back sometimes.

As for permanent save, I was specific as to how to do it.

Ehud

spr

What was the name of the program you used to do the format of SD card?
    Ever had "one of those days"? I'm having "one of those LIVES!"
    XV6800, XV6700 AND an XV6600, Plantronics Voyager 855 Stereo BT Headset, Jabra JX-10 Release 2, Aliph Jawbone, Motorola H700, Motorola H850, Jabra BT800, Sony HBH-660, 2 GB SD

spr
    I have a toshiba laptop and it came with a program that does a block by block format. I would assume that you could do the same through a dos prompt and it would have the same result. i.e. format (sd):

spr
    Sorry didn't know that you had to restore from the icon in settings. am doing it now there is a lot of data it is restoring at 13m???

spr
    BTW I fixed the sticky contact problem for the line out. I made sure to have the phone on audio mode- not vibrate and loud. I played an mp3. Then I used the stylus and shoved it in there and moved it around tickling the contacts. It would come on then off. When you note where it came on - touching what then you concentrate there until it is steady sound and viola working phone again!

So I don't need a new phone E-