+ Reply to Thread

connect using Minutes, not Data?

Is it possible to get a web connection on my xv6000 with simple dial-up (to verizon or to my own isp) without incurring data charges from verizon? If so, any thread that addresses this?

Thanks,

Douglas

Unless you were granfathered in, Sorry no. VZW is getting rid of all MOU, even granfathered. Please try to search before starting a new topic.
    Verizon NATIONAL ACCESS - Subtracts from Minutes?
    AT&T Jailbroken Iphone 3G 2.2

DMZ
    Dere's a Little of Me In all A Yiz DMZ's Avatar

Re: connect using Minutes, not Data?

Originally posted by dgennetten
    Is it possible to get a web connection on my xv6000 with simple dial-up (to verizon or to my own isp) without incurring data charges from verizon? If so, any thread that addresses this?

Thanks,

Douglas
    Call Verizon and ask them to change the "Provisioning' on the phone so that you can connect using Quick2Net, #7772. You have to set up a connection under Setttings Connections Connections. Delete any existing connections first, then do a soft reset. Name for the connection is Quick2Net, using Cellular Line, and Number to be dialed #7772. User name and password are qnc and qnc. When finished, do another soft reset.

You'll use only minutes, and may only connect at 14.4K baud .... slowww. I was informed by a tech in their Level 3 data support that this IS possible on the XV6600 contrary to what a bunch of cust svc reps claim. I went through a half a dozen of them before I got one who agreed they could do this. In my case, the XV6600 was a service replacement for a Samsung i700 where this always has been allowed, so that may have been par for my cause, I dunno.

Since finally doing this last week, my Verizon acct on-line shows no data usage. Apparently PROVISIONING is the key word to throw at Verizon cust svc reps everyone here's been looking for

Good luck.........