+ Reply to Thread

Sprint's GPS and 6600

Is there anyway to get telenav or garmin apps that are available for sprint phones to run on our 6600's? That would be great. Never thought I would be jealous of something available for a non pda device.
    Last edited by eric3316; 10-08-2005 at 06:35 PM.

My Bluetooth is built in!
    I dont think so. Apparently the gps software must be tuned to work on each individual phone. Thus the reason it is only currently available on sanyo phones.

Neat as the service is there seem to be serious drawbacks to each right now.

garmin: good POI and good interface but horrible slow rerouting.

telenav: better routing but poor POI and poor interface.

You have many better options available on the ppc.
    PPC-6700, Treo 700wx, Samsung IP-i830w, Motorola i580, LG Fusic. Mix well, add accessories, consume.

Originally posted by BryanHarig
    I dont think so. Apparently the gps software must be tuned to work on each individual phone. Thus the reason it is only currently available on sanyo phones.

Not true. I got the MM5600 version of telenav to work on the MM535 with no problems. Also got Garmin to work on the MM535 and it isnt even available for that device yet. The sames files have worked on the 7400, A800, and 8300. Telenav might not have the nicest displays but it gets the job done. The question I guess I would like to know is if we can use a .jad and .jar file on these devices. Or if we can convert them to something we can use.