+ Reply to Thread

Sprint problems with picture mail and web pages

Is anyone having problems with their picture mail from Sprint. Since the Nextel merger I can send and receive picture mails, but if someone replies to my picture mail it just comes through blank. Just wondered if I'm the only one. I called Sprint and they told me just to have people text me back instead of replying to my picture mail, I told them that was a BS answer and to put it in as a know issue.

Second issue is that many web pages I used to go to are no longer accessable. The one that really sucks is that I can no longer log into ebay using www.ebay.com. I can use still use mmm.ebay.com. I also asked Sprint's tech support about this and was told that the government has passed some new regulations not allowing mobile devices access to many of the pages they could previously go to. Has anyone heard anything about this?

Re: Sprint problems with picture mail and web pages

Originally posted by Whorley
    Second issue is that many web pages I used to go to are no longer accessable. The one that really sucks is that I can no longer log into ebay using www.ebay.com. I can use still use mmm.ebay.com. I also asked Sprint's tech support about this and was told that the government has passed some new regulations not allowing mobile devices access to many of the pages they could previously go to. Has anyone heard anything about this?
    The only recent government reg I know about is the Can-Spam reg that deals strictly with email (47 CFR § 64.3100).
    I don't have any problem logging into ebay using Netfront, but not PIE, which makes me think that perhaps the problem is that ebay requires a plug-in that Netfront has, and PIE does not. I don't think government regs have anything to do with restrictions on the web. However, a good number of web designers seem to like using advanced tools not supported by all browsers, which is why a site that works one day may not work the next day.
    Mick

I'm a total loser and I've been banned!!!
    Pure baloney. There are no such govt regs.

E
    p.s. I work in the industry.

What is mmm.ebay.com? I have never heard of any mmm sites before. I tried it here at work and it asked if I want to save or open the file. I don't want to download anything to my work computer, so I cancelled it.

Can someone fill me in on this mmm thing?

I'm a total loser and I've been banned!!!
    wap - wireless access protocol. It's for stupid phones.

E

So mmm is wap?

I was never here. Disgruntledtech's Avatar
    first your picturemail issue is in no way related to the merger. on the technical side of things nothing was actually merged so its not possible for you to be affected it.
    The issue you are having is related to an incorrect/invalid picturemail setup on the lightsurf server (lightsurf are the people that do picturemail for sprint)
    call sprint back, its unlikely theyll be able to fix it while your talking to them but let them run you through standard picturemail troubleshooting and then they should offer to write a ticket on it. thats what you need to resolve the issue.

secondly, you can access ebay on the phone the link is
    ebay mobile for 6600

its on the sprint default homepage* under shopping

*its a valid link but it must be accessed from a mobile browser. (unless you hack your UA)
    Create DialPad Skins for your 6600 with SkinGen

Administrator
    tech,

do you know what the username/pasword stuf shuld be for the picturemail account? i just decided to play with this address... is it just your regular picturemail info on the sprint site?

I was never here. Disgruntledtech's Avatar
    un for picture account is always the 10 digit phone number or 4445551212@pm.sprintpcs.com

password is more complex though -its created the first time you sent a picture. -can be anything but you can get it sent to you here

but if your phone isnt prompting for it load the picmail today plugin, tap on it goto options then tap reset. -next time you send a picture itll force you to reenter it.
    Create DialPad Skins for your 6600 with SkinGen