+ Reply to Thread

Intermittand hard resets for no reason

OK, I have searched the threads for this problem and so far found none that match up to this issue. I have the XV6600 with the Lion Batteries 2400 mah, which have been used now for about 4 months without any issues (recharge every night). I fortulately use Sprite BU and store to my 1 Gb SD card. I have not installed or modified anything or several weeks not, but in the past couple of days have been wearing the phone on my belt as usual and all of a sudden without any interaction, hear that ding dong sound which tells me the unit has done another hard reset. I have to go throught the steps of setting it back up and then restoring the saved backup file. This has been occurring about 4-5 times a day for the past 3 days. I have (3) different full backups for which I have tired each (about a week apart). I can't even tell when I am missing a call until its completely restored and no telling how long its' been since someone tried to call me. I have (2) of these 2400mah batteries and have tried both in the past couple days, with the same results. I can leave the PPC on my desktop for a couple of hours and turn it back on and it does another hard reset. Sometimes it does it all by itself with no interaction on my part. This just began about 3 days ago -faulty XV6600?? Anyone have any ideas where to start with this one?
    XV6600>XV6700>Treo 700W (I think I'll stay here a while).

I would stop using the 2400mah batteries for a few days and use the stock battery. If u don't get any hard resests, then it's the batteries. Just a suggestion.

jv

I'll be trying that tonight and post the results probably tomorrow. Its possible that the batteries are the culprit, but I need to eliminate them to be certain.

Update 1-/11/05

Well, I have changed back to the original battery that came with the XV6600 now and besides needing to charge it every 4-5 hours, it has not caused a hard reset, other than when I change the battery from the Mugen 2400 Mah battery.
    I wonder if these 2400 Mah batteries are covered by this type of occurance. I have had them now for about 4 months and this is the first time they have done this. If anyone knows -please let me know as I did not save the shipping invoice for these when purchased for more than about a month. Mugen contact information would be very heplful.

I have the stock battery also. I had about 3 hard resets just today. This phone has almost gone flying a few times. One problem I have is every time I try to Sync it back to the computer to get my info bara k, I have to setup a new partnership . I cant use the same name as before so I am up to around # 7 name now. I have done a search but can't find where the info is so I can delete the old partnership names. I would just like to be able for the computer to recognize that it is my same phone syncing.

any Ideas?

I have the stock battery also. I had about 3 hard resets just today. This phone has almost gone flying a few times. One problem I have is every time I try to Sync it back to the computer to get my info bara k, I have to setup a new partnership . I cant use the same name as before so I am up to around # 7 name now. I have done a search but can't find where the info is so I can delete the old partnership names. I would just like to be able for the computer to recognize that it is my same phone syncing.

any Ideas?

Originally posted by Savdog01

any Ideas?
    No sure at this point. I had the 2400mah batteries and they seemed to be the cuplrit. I changed back to the original OEM battery and have not had a hard rest so far (knock on wood). It seems to point to the batterys though.

any Ideas?

I cant use the same name as before so I am up to around # 7 name now. I have done a search but can't find where the info is so I can delete the old partnership names. I would just like to be able for the computer to recognize that it is my same phone syncing.
    Open ActiveSync (on PC) > File > Delete Partnership - sheureka
    Do good. Be kind. Have fun.

Perfect

Thank you!

I'm a total loser and I've been banned!!!
    Obviously, not a hunting dog.

Perfect

Thank you!

Originally posted by br549
    Obviously, not a hunting dog.
    Now, that's funny!
    Ever had "one of those days"? I'm having "one of those LIVES!"
    XV6800, XV6700 AND an XV6600, Plantronics Voyager 855 Stereo BT Headset, Jabra JX-10 Release 2, Aliph Jawbone, Motorola H700, Motorola H850, Jabra BT800, Sony HBH-660, 2 GB SD

you got me!

Striving for Understanding novuslotus's Avatar

Lion Batteries

I've had the same thing happen with my 3300mah battery . . . is there anyway they would switch it out? I need to dig up that receipt . . . I've had mine for about 4-5 months now too and haven't had issues until this past month. Any solutions?