+ Reply to Thread

Wi-fi SD Card that supports LEAP?

At school they use the damn Cisco network which requires the LEAP authentication. I have been looking and can't really find any cards for the 6600 that will support LEAP so I can logon. Also at work we use LEAP so it would be nice to be able to logon to the work network to access the net. If anyone has come across a wifi card that does that stuff please let me know I'd really appreciate it as I'm picking up my 6600 Friday.

I'm a total loser and I've been banned!!!
    The IPAQs have it built in. I'm unable to find an SD one that supports LEAP.

E

That's crap, I see a few of them support the EAP-Fast protocol? Would that work on the network instead or am I pretty much just out of luck?

Thanks for the help Ehud, that was a very good read. From what I gather EAP-Fast is not compatible and I feel that my school will not be changing anytime soon. I can gaurantee that the corporate office I work at will not be changing anytime soon either :/ Guess I'll just have to stick with my weak ass 1xrtt for now until this EVDO upgrade finds its way to Audiovox's website. Thanks again for the info though

Is there an ethernet jack under your desk? Buy a buffalo wbr54g or a linksys wrt54... plug the ethernet jack into one of the LAN ports, and you'll have your very own bridged wireless LAN.

No configuration required... although if I were you I'd set up a WEP key, and set the SSID to "CEO Private"

E

While I'd love to do that, I'd like to keep my job We have literally billions of dollars worth of transactions flying over the air daily, and also have an entire floor of security engineers dedicated to this kind of stuff

I'm a 2nd shift database engineer so I've got almost the entire building to myself and a few security guards but this wifi is locked up tight as Fort Knox. I can't bring myself to walk around with a 6600 AND a iPaq just to use the wifi, I think I'll wait....booooo

rcviper, there will be no audiovox "evdo upgrade" the audiovox xv6600 is already evdo enabled. You'll just have to wait for verizon to turn it on in your area. You'll see EV in your titlebar. After that you just have to have your account flagged.

The sprint phones on the otherhand I believe is another story.

But you said audiovox. so I'm guessing my response is accurate.

I was talking about the Sprint Audiovox PPC6600 which Chris Price stated he talked to an Audiovox rep at the show last week and the rep said they were weeks away from approval. Of course this doesn't mean it is going to get released right after that but a good sign it is in the not so distant future. I know we have EVDO here in the Toledo area for Sprint and just need the phone to go with it.

Still looking for my LEAP SDIO card though :/

won't EVDO solve your issue (if and when the update is released)?

Originally posted by worldwearyeyes
    won't EVDO solve your issue (if and when the update is released)?
    Originally posted by rcviper
    oh well, I guess I'll just have to wait until the EVDO update finds its way to the Audiovox website

Well I see you posted Robplatt and probably caught yourself. I am talking about Sprint's PPC6600 that is supposed to have an update coming soon which Audiovoxx has been talking about.