+ Reply to Thread

MOTO HS850 & PPC6600 not all that and Jabra M2500 is a def. no no

I bought a Jabra M2500 and Motorola HS850 today. I was gonna keep on or the other but now I've decided that both has to go back.

The M2500 was the cheaper one so I tried it first. About 3 minutes of wearing it I immediately put it back in the box and back to the bag it goes.

Big, bulky, and definitely doesn't hug the ear too well. I didn't even bother trying to make a call with it.

The HS850 on the other hand felt very comfortable (compared to the M2500) so I proceed with the sync. I've tried 3 headset so far and all of them sync within the first try.

I discover that it's pretty loud, unlike what others have reviewed. However, with the volume setting @ max, it sounds like cheap flea market speakers.

I gave it a distance test and found that I can't go more than 15ft away from the unit w/o any walls and I can't be more than 10ft away from the unit standing downstairs with the phone sitting directly upstairs in my bedroom.

That's my $0.02, I made my decision based on the most talked about entry level pieace, and also purchased one of the more expensive and most praised headset and found myself almost sold on the HS850 but not quite sold. Now I need your $.02 and tell me what to try next. Something fits and feel like the HS850 but sounds a little better and better distance.

Geek
    IMHO the HS850 is the best balance of everything. The fact that it shuts off when closed is awesome. No issues with BT waking and the sync always happens in time to answer the call on mine.

It is the keeper in my book.
    Dan Kunz - XV6600

I'm a total loser and I've been banned!!!
    Try 2.04. The 3600 bt stack makes a huge difference...

E

I won't have my sync/cradle until sometime later on this week. However, my 700m have an SD card reader. Can I copy the programs/drivers I want to that and execute it from the PPC?

Oh and where do I find these things?
    Sprint PPC 6600 --> 6700 --> 6800 --> 6900 -->?

No... you'll need a native cradle for it. WHen it goes into bootloader mode it's fairly limited.

www.myehud.com

E

I called and they said they're not allowed to give out the MSL passcode and that it's a one time use. What a bunch of bull.

You really won't just use the "search" button, will you.

This is a common thing. Call again, and you'll get it. If you don't, call again.

Search for "msl" and "sprint".

E

Try walking around with your PPC6600 on you hip and talking on the headset. The wind from walking seems to generate a lot of static and the person I'm talking to says it sounds horrible. Lots of noise and static.

Yup, that's what I notice. When driving on the inside road with my window just cracking down slightly the person on the other end noticed it right away.