+ Reply to Thread

3gupload.com compatible?

Does anyone know if this phone's compatible with 3gupload.com? Ringtones, Screensavers, etc? The 6600 was listed as a compatible phone on the site awhile back and now it's not even there. That's one thing that my G1000 could never do...I hope it's not the same for this phone. Thanks.
    "To underestimate the power of the demon world is a mistake!"
    DEMITRI MAXIMOFF.

I would say I doubt it. But why would you want to download midi ringtones when you can use full mp3, wav and wma as ringtones?
    Loud Ringtones & System Sounds!!!!!

Screensavers, I have no idea but it would be a waste of battery and this phone already has battery usage problems.

Backgrounds you could make your own as well. Try microsoft's free theme generator. It says for 2002 but just make the tsk file and copy it to your device. It will work with the 6600.
    http://www.microsoft.com/technet/pro...s/ppctoys.mspx

I guess I am questioning, why you'd want to use 3gupload instead of making your own ringtones from music you already own?
    AT&T Jailbroken Iphone 3G 2.2

No real reason...just be nice to do if i could. The treo could and i was just wandering if this phone could too.3gupload had some nice videogame/anime ringtone/screensavers that i liked. That's all.
    "To underestimate the power of the demon world is a mistake!"
    DEMITRI MAXIMOFF.

No need, just download your own ringers (hack the source) and import them to your 6600 - that's what I did. Altho I see that now they use swf files to prevent that oh well, you can always edit your own mp3's to wav files using wave pad.
    Last edited by dmackdaddy; 10-12-2005 at 09:45 AM.
    Check out my iAdviseMe (IT Advisories), i9erNews (49er news), iGreen (Green News) or my iGossip (celeb News) Apps at: http://www.iadvise.me/