+ Reply to Thread

Keyboard After A Soft Reset

Does anyone know of a way to get the default keyboard to automatically be activated for an input field after a soft reset? That is, whenever I establish a default keyboard (like Keyboard or Resco Keyboard) and activate it for input fields, it stays that way for every input field thereafter, which is good. However, after every soft reset whatever keyboard I have selected does not come up at the very first input field I access after the reset. I have to activate it again. Once I do that, it will stay that way until the device is reset again, which is nightly for me since I backup every night. Is there a way to keep the keyboard activated between resets? I'm not talking about keeping a specific one as the default, but keeping any of the ones chosen activated after a soft reset. Mine doesn't stay actrivated, even though I am able to make Resco the permanent default. However, the first input field I access doesn't automatically bring up the keyboard like I'd like it to. Hopefully someone knows of a setting on this that I'm missing.

There is probably a registry hack to do this. I looked through the registry briefly, but didn't see anything obvious...
    Ever had "one of those days"? I'm having "one of those LIVES!"
    XV6800, XV6700 AND an XV6600, Plantronics Voyager 855 Stereo BT Headset, Jabra JX-10 Release 2, Aliph Jawbone, Motorola H700, Motorola H850, Jabra BT800, Sony HBH-660, 2 GB SD