+ Reply to Thread

Controlling PPC through PC

I would like to be able to manipulate program settings and data on my PPC through my computer.
    Specifically, I want to be able to process contacts in PhotoContacts 1.2 so that they have specific ringtones and/or pictures and/or groups from my home computer and have the changes work on the PPC6600. I can do this from the PPC, but it is tedious at best (for over 200 contacts).
    I've tried changing the information dirctly in Outlook, but the group information and picture does not translate when I sync and there is no way to associate a ringtone.
    I searched, but couldn't find this issue (I kept getting threads about controlling a PC from a PPC- the opposite of what I want to do). If it's already been covered somewhere, feel free to provide search terms or thread locations.
    I did get a copy of something called Pocket Controller, but after looking at the website that is promoting it, I'm not 100% sure this is the best option. Anything better out there? Anyone have experience with this particular app?
    Last edited by Trident; 10-11-2005 at 02:15 PM.
    Peace ~ Trident
    Using my own custom WM6.5 ROMGO GATORS! NCAA National Champs x3~ Football & Basketball(x2)!

RUNNING
    Pocket control by SOTI is the best remote control software I have seen by far to control you pocket while syncing with your pc

Well, I just found something else that works. And it's free. It does seem a little slow, but it's free. Did I mention it didn't cost anything?
    With all due credit to the voice of Ehud running through my brain saying "Search... and if not found here, then Google!"
    So I Googled.
    And found all these Pocket PC Power Toys from Microsoft.
    And about half-way down there is Remote Display Control for Pocket PC.
    And a whole bunch of other interesting apps.
    But that's for another thread.
    Peace ~ Trident
    Using my own custom WM6.5 ROMGO GATORS! NCAA National Champs x3~ Football & Basketball(x2)!

That Remote Display from MS is no where near as powerful as Pocket Controller.
    See if you can trial it, you'll be impressed with the amount of things it can do.
    SteveM
    Sprint HTC EVO 4G

Originally posted by Catman51
    That Remote Display from MS is no where near as powerful as Pocket Controller.
    See if you can trial it, you'll be impressed with the amount of things it can do.
    You CAN trial it. Have done it already. Works GREAT!
    Ever had "one of those days"? I'm having "one of those LIVES!"
    XV6800, XV6700 AND an XV6600, Plantronics Voyager 855 Stereo BT Headset, Jabra JX-10 Release 2, Aliph Jawbone, Motorola H700, Motorola H850, Jabra BT800, Sony HBH-660, 2 GB SD

That is gorgeous.
    A little faster, but the feature set is much improved.
    Thanks for the input.
    Peace ~ Trident