+ Reply to Thread

Wierd text message

Received this text message today:

Dial *2 on your Sprint PCS phone to download an important service update for free. Wait for a brief message. Once completed hang up.

Anyone else get this? It was sent from "unknown sender". Feels like a spam/scam to me. Haven't had a chance to call Sprint regarding this.
    Sprint PPC-6600, BT-77 GPS Receiver, Socket WiFi SDIO Card, 1GB SD Card, BH-Q392S Bluetooth Stereo Headset w/ handsfree. Rom 2.03

It's a PRL update - but you may or may not already have the correct one. They seem to just send those out to blocks of numbers all at once. - sheureka
    Do good. Be kind. Have fun.

Almost as weird as the call I got last week.
    To paraphrase:
    [from a blocked number] "Calling from T-Mobile and we're working on the towers/lines in your area. You'l be without service on your cellphone for 4-48 hours. We're offering a free alternate line; just give us the following information [me:Why don't you have that information... you just called ME?!] [stutter/pause] If you don't give us the information, you'll be losing service in 20 minutes. [me: Let me call Sprint to verify] OK. but.... (click)"
    I called Sprint and they had no idea what they were talking about. Never lost service and never heard from the scammers again.
    Peace ~ Trident
    Using my own custom WM6.5 ROMGO GATORS! NCAA National Champs x3~ Football & Basketball(x2)!

Yeah I got that text the other day also

I got the message as well, called into cust. care, and an update was run. I was hoping it would enable EVDO on my 6600, but it doesn’t appear to have done so.

I called vision support on Friday to ask about EVDO. First he claimed that the 6600 was not able to use EVDO. When I explained that the 6600 was initially marketed as an EVDO device and it says on the box that it is an EVDO device I was put on hold for about 3-5 min. He came back and stated that the update was imminent and we should expect it any day...not holding my breath.

I'm a total loser and I've been banned!!!
    Line 'em up against a wall without the benefit of a blindfold, I say. If I won't tolerate being lied to by my government, just imagine where these people rank on my list.

Originally posted by Trident
    Almost as weird as the call I got last week.
    To paraphrase:
    [from a blocked number] "Calling from T-Mobile and we're working on the towers/lines in your area. You'l be without service on your cellphone for 4-48 hours. We're offering a free alternate line; just give us the following information [me:Why don't you have that information... you just called ME?!] [stutter/pause] If you don't give us the information, you'll be losing service in 20 minutes. [me: Let me call Sprint to verify] OK. but.... (click)"
    I called Sprint and they had no idea what they were talking about. Never lost service and never heard from the scammers again.

Originally posted by br549
    Line 'em up against a wall without the benefit of a blindfold, I say. If I won't tolerate being lied to by my government, just imagine where these people rank on my list.
    LMFAO.
    No doubt. I'll pay for the bullets.
    Peace ~ Trident
    Using my own custom WM6.5 ROMGO GATORS! NCAA National Champs x3~ Football & Basketball(x2)!