+ Reply to Thread

Thread: Mute Button?

Mute Button?

I can't find the mute button for the phone app on the PPC-6600. Does anyone know if there is one? Is there a way to make one of the hardware buttons mute and un-mute the phone? Is there even a software mute and un-mute option somewhere?

Fully Converged
    look on the toolbar on the phone app that has edit, tools, (notes icon), (contacts icon), (microphone thing)...if you hit the mcrophone thing during a call it will mute your voice to the party you are talking to. The other alternative is to hit send once to place the other party on hold, then hit it again to bring them out of hold
    XV6800, Aliph Jawbone

I'm a total loser and I've been banned!!!
    In addition, the mute function also mutes your bluetooth headset when activated.

Sweet, great info. Thanks guys.

Is there any way to map one of the hardware buttons to the microphone thing so I don't have to use the stylus? With the case I use, I have this clear plastic piece over the touch screen so I would have to open it up to hit that microphone. I'd much rather just hit the message button (envelope) or some other button and have that mute and un-mute if at all possible. Is there any way to do that?

BA with wifi still can't be beat
    Maybe I am the exception, but I use the mute button frequently when on multi-person conference calls for work. Why in the world did they make that button so freaking small. The BIG buttons available when on a call are Call History (OK by me), Speed Dial (worthless while on a call), Hold (much less useful than Mute IMHO), and End Call (totally worthless when everyone has a hardware button for ending the call. Is there any alternate skins that give a larger Mute button? Can you tell this is one of my hot buttons with 2003SE?
    SX66 (PH20B1)
    ROM: 1.40.00 WWE
    Radio: 1.13.00

Cool, I'm not the only one then. I didn't think about phone skins, perhaps there is a phone skin with a more usable mute button?

So how do you use the speakerphone with the 6600? I can't find it anywhere on the phone screen...

Hold down the green/talk button for about three seconds. voila.
    Peace ~ Trident
    Using my own custom WM6.5 ROMGO GATORS! NCAA National Champs x3~ Football & Basketball(x2)!