+ Reply to Thread

active sync with Linux?

Ok guys I need a lot of help. I have been googleing for help on this but no luck. Does any one know how to active sync with Linux? I am using fedora core 3. Thanks for any help.

I'm a total loser and I've been banned!!!
    Activesync is a Win32 application. There are no linux versions.

I don't know that anyone's tried it... but Activesync over WINE maybe.

Ehud

Iv'e tried AS over Wine with no luck. Try SynCE: http://synce.sourceforge.net/synce/

There's docs out there on Syncing with an iPaq, but I'm having trouble getting SynCE to see my USB connection. But once we get SynCE running, we still have the issue of what program you are going to sync with. I haven't seen any connectors to Evolution or other mail clients.

yea i was looking at xda developers just reading some stuff, it sounds like someone got a BA working but not to much detail. well if i find or get anything working i will post. i DL synce just not having much luck

Yeah, it hasn't been fun, especially getting the hardware IDs right. You have to compare the config values when the Harrier is plugged in and when it isn't. Truthfully, I've about given up, and come to the conclusion that my 6600 and Quicken require I dual boot Linux/Windows for some time to come.

Post if you make any progress, and I'll see if I can keep the ball rolling... Dave

I've never actually done it for syncing, but passing the proper variables to the ipaq.o module(depending on if your kernel version supports it) for the blue angel or harrier should work fine to get the USB up. Once thats up, i think you just need to run multisync (which will allow you to get the evolution data etc.) and set that up to interface over synce. I guess if its really needed i could set it up and then write a walkthrough for the procedure.
    Although between here and xda-developers i know that the knowledge is already posted.
    Last edited by ParMaster; 10-14-2005 at 01:07 PM.