+ Reply to Thread

Unhappy Screen breaks on 3 week old device...Remote Display?

The next day of a great day of the year for me, buying a car and finding an iPod, I smash my 6600 with my car door as Im getting in. Phone was in my jacket pocket and was hanging while I closed the door and got killed. I have no display, the screen will light up when theres activity, ie phone call or text message, but thats only in the little area of which the screen isnt cracked.

Anyways, I have Remote Display Host Control installed on it where I can control the device via PC, so I was feeling a little better seeing as I can @ least check my text messages and do random things as long as I had it mounted somewhere, until I can work out some type of replacement miraculously with Sprint. After all, there motto is "Yes you can" right?

Anyways, I just got home and mounted it, activesync did its thing, so now Im ready to control it remotely...but I remember, I have to actually press connect on the device screen for it to send the signal to the PC...

So my question is, is there a way I can either map a button, or if theres some type of file I can edit in the registry of the phone where I can overide the setting of having to manually press connect in the program and it will send the signal as soon as its connected to the PC? This is really my only hope to do some much needed things on my device while I work out some type of plan to throw @ Sprint.

Thanks in advance for any help...

Im on AIM @ llllConquestllll if you can provide any real time solutions for me....Thanks

Nevermind, I answered my own question using SOTI Pocket Controller...lifesaver...mods, feel free to lock/delete this post. Thanks