+ Reply to Thread
    Euphorically Confused

Best Bluetooth Headset for Noise Reduction???

I am looking for input as to the best headset for use in very noisy environments. I drive a commercial truck from time to time and it is quite loud in the cab. Obviously the use of a bluetooth headset is preferrable as opposed to holding the 6600 up to my ear while I try to drive and shift. I have the Plantronics M3000 and the Scala 500. They both pick up too much background noise and I receive a lot of complaints from people on the other end of the line. The Scala even claims to have "wind stop" technology, but this does not reduce the background noise. Any suggestions would be appreciated.
    Custom Apache AKU 3.5 roms and rom kitchens available
    ALWAYS FLASH BACK TO AN OFFICIAL ROM BEFORE TAKING YOUR PHONE IN FOR SERVICE OF ANY KIND
    If you have found me helpful or would like to support the developers of roms and apps that I use, please Donate

DMZ
    Dere's a Little of Me In all A Yiz DMZ's Avatar
    You're right about the Scala 500. I bought it after reading so many good things about it, but alas, it does pick up background noises and static is also a problem. The only brand of BT headset I hear no complaints about are the Motorolas from those I've talked to who have them.

The Jabra BT800 has noise cancelling built in. You can also hear well on it. Only problem with pairing it with a 660x is it takes about 4-6 secs for it to answer a call. LED screen is great, and headset rings AND vibrates to let you know a phone call is coming in. They can be purchased at Staples locally too.
    Ever had "one of those days"? I'm having "one of those LIVES!"
    XV6800, XV6700 AND an XV6600, Plantronics Voyager 855 Stereo BT Headset, Jabra JX-10 Release 2, Aliph Jawbone, Motorola H700, Motorola H850, Jabra BT800, Sony HBH-660, 2 GB SD

I like my Moto 850 & 820 (both for different reasons) but headset that I've used that has the best noise cancellation and outgoing voice quality is the Logitech Mobile Freedom. People tell me they can't tell I'm using a headset or on a cellphone with it. I just find it uncomfortable on my ear after extended periods of time. I also find that the incoming call volume is sometimes not adequate in loud areas.
    It also has very quick call pick-up and a decent variation of tones for different alerts/rings.
    Last edited by Trident; 10-16-2005 at 02:37 PM.
    Peace ~ Trident
    Using my own custom WM6.5 ROMGO GATORS! NCAA National Champs x3~ Football & Basketball(x2)!

My Bluetooth is built in!
    HBH-300 or logitech mobile freedom might be good choices.
    PPC-6700, Treo 700wx, Samsung IP-i830w, Motorola i580, LG Fusic. Mix well, add accessories, consume.

The logitech mobile freedom had the best windstop that I've used. I had some problems with connections but overall It worked well, especially in noisy and windy enviroments.
    AT&T Jailbroken Iphone 3G 2.2