+ Reply to Thread

Any Idea how to Extend Speed dial entries?

as MS voice command is a memory hog (not recommended) and the standard dialer program on the XV6600 and others limits you to only 10 speed dial entries, I was wondering if anyone know of a program or tweak that would allow the speed dial list to be extended to 20 or 30 entries? The biggest problem I seem to have is that when I need to call a frequently called number, I need to look up the number in my Pocket Informant, scroll down to the contact, open it up and then tap and hold to dial. The alternative is to use MC VC, which we all know what that does to your memory. Photo contacts looks nice but I don't need pics of everyone I call and besides it's just another progarm you need to open to dial. I would only like a simple extension to the built in speed dial list in the phone program. Anyone have any great ideas?
    XV6600>XV6700>Treo 700W (I think I'll stay here a while).

Maybe I'm not fully understanding your question. Are you sure you can only do 10 entries. Mine goes to 99 entries. Only 10 show up at a time, but you just hold the down button to scroll to the next 10 and so on and so forth. When I need to dial, I just press the phone button, then imeadietely just press the down button. It will bring up the speed dial list. Just scroll to the one you want and press the center button in the d-pad to dial. One handed operation that works great. Hope this helps.
    Phone, Radio, and Fiber Geek

Wow! thanks Bobbylingo! For some stupid reason, I had never tried to program a new entry beyond 10 and thought somewhere I read that it only helf 10 spe dial numbers, thus stopped right ther. I have just now added entries 11 and 12 and now will be able to continue the same for other numbers. This will keep me from using the MS voice command program as it causes too much memory issues when activated. Thanks again.
    XV6600>XV6700>Treo 700W (I think I'll stay here a while).

No problem, glad I could help. Sometimes you just need another set of eyes to see what you've been missing. If it wasn't for reading this board all the time, I wouldn't be doing half the things with this device that I am. Enjoy your new speed dial #'s !
    Last edited by bobbylingo; 10-15-2005 at 02:28 PM.
    Phone, Radio, and Fiber Geek