+ Reply to Thread

Thread: Landscape Mode?

Landscape Mode?

Stupid question: could someone please tell me how to view the internet in landscape view? I just got my 6600 today and have no idea how to do it. Thanks.
    "To underestimate the power of the demon world is a mistake!"
    DEMITRI MAXIMOFF.

Save your blobs!
    Start>Settings>System>Screen> then click the radio button for Landscape (left-handed) or Landscape (right-handed), and then OK.

O... Thanks.
    "To underestimate the power of the demon world is a mistake!"
    DEMITRI MAXIMOFF.

You can also make a button to do this on the fly:
    Start-> Settings-> Buttons->
    Choose a button to use. I use my "Start" button, button 3.
    Highlight the button you choose and at the bottom, scroll to <Rotate Screen> and click OK at TOP right of the screen.

Now, when you want the screen to rotate, just push this button and "wa-la"; Landscape Mode!

Ever had "one of those days"? I'm having "one of those LIVES!"
    XV6800, XV6700 AND an XV6600, Plantronics Voyager 855 Stereo BT Headset, Jabra JX-10 Release 2, Aliph Jawbone, Motorola H700, Motorola H850, Jabra BT800, Sony HBH-660, 2 GB SD

I can't figure out how to do this. I see where I can assign different buttons to do different thing, but I don't see an option for screen orientation. After I select the button I want, what should I select at the bottom to have it change to portrait or landscape view?

Also, is there a way to have it do different things depending on which screen I'm currently in? FOr example, is there a way to make the Internet Explorer button act as a mute button when on the phone screen, but function as the Internet Explorer button on all other screens?

For that matter, is there any way to make any of the buttons act as a mute button at all?

Originally posted by SaltyDawg
    I can't figure out how to do this. I see where I can assign different buttons to do different thing, but I don't see an option for screen orientation. After I select the button I want, what should I select at the bottom to have it change to portrait or landscape view?

Also, is there a way to have it do different things depending on which screen I'm currently in? FOr example, is there a way to make the Internet Explorer button act as a mute button when on the phone screen, but function as the Internet Explorer button on all other screens?

For that matter, is there any way to make any of the buttons act as a mute button at all?
    After you select the button you want to use as the Screen Rotate button, at the bottom of the screen, you can select the action for the button. Scroll up near the top, and you'll see <Rotate Screen>. Select it and click OK.

As far as making a button perform differently under different circumstances, you need a program for that. There is one mentioned in one of the threads in the last couple of days.
    XV6800, XV6700 AND an XV6600, Plantronics Voyager 855 Stereo BT Headset, Jabra JX-10 Release 2, Aliph Jawbone, Motorola H700, Motorola H850, Jabra BT800, Sony HBH-660, 2 GB SD

Cool, I found it. I must have looked right at it several times and still didn't see it, lol.

So, is there any way to map one of these buttons to the phone mute button, or do I need another app for thet too?

I need to find out about this button mapping app. Anyone with any info on it, please feel free to share. Specifically, what is it called, what else does it do, is it buggy, is it a memory hog, where can I get it, how much does it cost, etc...

Any other good utilities for the 6600?
    Last edited by SaltyDawg; 10-16-2005 at 11:34 PM.

Originally posted by SaltyDawg
    Cool, I found it. I must have looked right at it several times and still didn't see it, lol.

So, is there any way to map one of these buttons to the phone mute button, or do I need another app for thet too?

I need to find out about this button mapping app. Anyone with any info on it, please feel free to share. Specifically, what is it called, what else does it do, is it buggy, is it a memory hog, where can I get it, how much does it cost, etc...

Any other good utilities for the 6600?

Here you go:
    Hard button for send receive?

wow... all this time I could have been surfing the web in landscape.... well better late than never for finding this out... sigh...
    iPhone 3G (sorry Sprint, I have been to the mountain top!) <-- Sprint Mogul PPC 6800 (not enough memory) <-- PPC 6700 (loaner from sprint) <-- PPC 6600 (no EVDO) <-- G1000 (no SMS) Cardo Scala-500 BT
    I'm rockin Verizon Fios baby! 20Mbs is dumb fast! http://www.speedtest.net/result/295783856.png

We were ALL noobs at some point!

I was never here. Disgruntledtech's Avatar
    im seriously considering rewriting a new 6600 FAQ from scratch.
    Create DialPad Skins for your 6600 with SkinGen