+ Reply to Thread

Conver midwest wireless phone to sprint (using existing sprint ESN)

Need to get off my old Toshiba 2032SP. Looking at some used PPC-6600 units. Anyone know if I can convert a Midwest Wireless provisioned PPC6600 to SprintPCS? Perhaps I could use the ESN that is in my 2032SP on the PPC6600 to get around the rogue ESN issue? I don't care about losing the phone side of the 2032SP. It's pretty much going to go on the shelf when I am done getting another phone.

ESN numbers are burned into each phone and cannot be altered.

Sprint will not activate any ESN that isn't theirs.

Your best option is to sell your existing handset (ebay?) and buy a Sprint-branded phone for use with Sprint.

I know it sucks...

Dan

These phones are just too disposable, It's a joke trying to upgrade the OS. I managed to get the 2032SP up to PPC2002, but it has its quirks with it. Was looking at a G1000 but that is at 2002 also, with NO upgrade at all available. If Sprint had better legacy support that would be nice, but it seems as soon as they stop selling new units of a particular phone, it's all over as far as any new updates. I don't want to spend $500 every couple of years on another phone. Close to going back to just getting a regular PDA and a cheap phone.